2014 weird issues

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signal twenty

OK, I've had a few weird quirks since getting my 2014 a few months ago.

I now have about 25,000 on the odometer and Key fob/remote battery is dying (it's old, I get it)...

Problems are: multiple SSN warnings (brought into local Ford dealership who has no answers as to what's causing it)
dashboard setting changing without me doing this.
manually locking doors after the car is powered off, shut the door and I get the 2 beeps as if it's on (but it's not)

Anybody here familiar with these symptoms? If it's an easy fix like a new 12v battery, great...but I don't want to go on a wild goose chase with this.

RFA maybe going bad? Hopefully you got some sort of warranty on it. The lack of data logging in this vehicle can make troubleshooting near impossible.

I would say there are many gooses in your future. But Im a glass half empty kind of guy at this point. Are there any codes stored in the computer from the ssn events? As triangles points out, this car does not store any data so you could look back and see what was going on at the time an issue arose. Makes it hard to troubleshoot a car that is practically a giant computer.

My Experience:
I had intermittent issues with my FOB not working, when my FFE was approaching five years old on the original 12V battery. I thought it was the Key FOB, so I replaced that coin cell, but the intermittent problems still persisted. A few months later, the car would not even power on, the 12V battery was down to 4.5 volts or so, and would not charge back up to above 9 volts. I replaced the 12V battery, and everything powered up, and the Key FOB issue never came back.

Its amazing how many seemingly unrelated issues can be cured by replacing the 12v battery in this car.

Hey, so fast forward - I took it twice to the dealership...once in 2017, and they could not diagnose or replicate a problem...so I lived with a SSN problem for like almost two years. They replaced the HV harness and it ran perfect for over a year until yesterday when the backup camera is out of service.

I’m still trying to figure this one out. It’s not a huge safety issue...more of a first world problem.

49,000 miles on the clock currently.

Back