FFE Jacking Points

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpwl

Okay, so with a good weekend weather forecast and concluding we are most probably over our late winter/spring snowstorms, last night I changed Montgomery’s winter wheels/tyres for his summer set. As these FFEs don’t come with an emergency jack (at least mine didn’t) I used a small hydraulic floor jack which is my preference even when I do have an OEM jack. While everything went okay I am just wondering what are the best places to use as jacking points on these cars? The front seemed pretty straight forward. Just inboard of the sidesill in line with the jacking point arrow head is a flat area of the monocoque that was used. (A soft wood pad was placed between the jack and car of course.) The rear was a bit more of a challenge but eventually I used the heavy “frame rail” that appears to hold the lower battery segment and battery shield on the car. I was quite circumspect of this one so the jacking was done quite slowly paying plenty of attention for any untowards sounds and visually checking for any signs of weakness or incipient component failure.

Any alternatives or best practises recommendations?

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

The Focus isn't an easy car to jack up. I use the marked pinch weld points. No matter what you do you usually grab some plastic. I have access to a lift and find it really hard to get the focus up on the rack. Need 2x4's to keep it from bending the side skirts.

The other way I've done the rear is use the small square where the lower suspension arms in the middle meet. Use a block of wood here though. It works pretty well. The front is way more difficult. Pinch welds is the only way I've seen to do it. On my other cars I sometimes use the front subframe.

Strange... I found the FFE easy to jack up with a hydraulic shop jack.

The jack points are marked with little triangles molded into the lower trim, both front and back.

cpwl said:
Okay, so with a good weekend weather forecast and concluding we are most probably over our late winter/spring snowstorms, last night I changed Montgomery’s winter wheels/tyres for his summer set. As these FFEs don’t come with an emergency jack (at least mine didn’t) I used a small hydraulic floor jack which is my preference even when I do have an OEM jack. While everything went okay I am just wondering what are the best places to use as jacking points on these cars? The front seemed pretty straight forward. Just inboard of the sidesill in line with the jacking point arrow head is a flat area of the monocoque that was used. (A soft wood pad was placed between the jack and car of course.) The rear was a bit more of a challenge but eventually I used the heavy “frame rail” that appears to hold the lower battery segment and battery shield on the car. I was quite circumspect of this one so the jacking was done quite slowly paying plenty of attention for any untowards sounds and visually checking for any signs of weakness or incipient component failure.

Any alternatives or best practises recommendations?

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

My mechanic at my dealer said its ok to use the sub-frame that holds the batteries.. its solid. i used a 2 ton jack and lifted the whole side of the car and changed 2 and 2 tires.

Back