Suggestion for Ford regarding charging door

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back to the charging door, look at this image from the CES Keynote:
2bea8f74-de08-4c51-a4a5-1b0a8158198c.jpg

Note the charging door, looks more like an ICE's gas filler cover. Progress perhaps (also added is CCS "fast charging" hopefully they will be selling these soon).

So, having had a C-Max Energi for the past 2 years and trading to a 2915 FFE, I have left the door open a few times and the door sticking has happened less than that.

The door should be like an ICE gas door like in the picture above with a chime for the filler door.

Just got my 2015 (last one available in may area in Black with leather) and I have left the door open once already.

The charging door should reveal a panel with slots for dual level 1 charging, level 2 charging and DC fast charging. The panel should pull out, in order to make the amount of space required min. Once done charging, the panel goes back and the door is closed shut!

It would be nice to have the charging door automatically open and close in a powered fashion. I've had my FFE for 1.5 months and have left the charge door open at least 10 times. I am training myself by establishing a new habit. Every time I approach it I know I have two steps. Push to open, charge....uncharge, push to close. I even count it in my head. I will get there soon enough.

I feel as if the charge door is a bit flimsy. I wonder if it will be the first part to break.

Never had an issue with my charge door in the 3 years that I had the FFE. Once you develop the habit of closing the door you almost never leave it open.

The charge door is common between all of Ford's plugins (my C-Max Energi has the exact same charge door).

Look at the picture I posted above: That FFE has CCS and the charge door looks more like a standard gas filler door than the circle thing they are using now.

Back