how to reset Climate control

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTCalif

A/C stays on now, regardless of on/off displayed on control panel. (This is a recent "feature" of my car.)
Another new nuisance: the recirculation indication appears when I start the car, even though other settings (like which vents are on and what temperature is set) are remembered from when car was last turned off.
(Since convincing myself that I cannot trust the display for status of the A/C function, I wonder if the recirc. is correct.)

I tried pulling F71 "Climate control" briefly to reset that, but saw no change.

Do you have a suggestion?

Pull and reset the fuse for MFT (the infotainment system). It interfaces with the climate system and, apparently, can cause issues with the "startup state" of the climate controls.

This resolved some weird climate issues at "car on" for me (on my 2013 FFE).

The issues sometimes come back, but power-cycling MFT fixes them again.

WattsUp said:
Pull and reset the fuse for MFT (the infotainment system). It interfaces with the climate system and, apparently, can cause issues with the "startup state" of the climate controls.

This resolved some weird climate issues at "car on" for me (on my 2013 FFE).
Thank you.
This did indeed clear up part of my problem: now the A/C button seems to control cooling as it should, and the A/C display matches when the extra power draw appears on "My View" (left display) and when I feel cool air.

The recirculation. however, still comes on by itself (unlike status at last turn off) (and unlike behavior of old).
Think I'll try a system reset this week, partly because am about to return the car to a dealer at end of lease: want to delete programming for the "homelink" remote control on visor, so it will no longer run my garage door. That just may clear up the recirc. issue, too. (Likely? other issue with that??)

Unrelated: I have a short list of differences between this 2012 and the 2015 model that replaces it (some good, some bad). Is there a forum topic where that would fit / be found?

JTCalif said:
Unrelated: I have a short list of differences between this 2012 and the 2015 model that replaces it (some good, some bad). Is there a forum topic where that would fit / be found?
Check out this thread: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2553&p=17711

A year ago, I had a similar situation. When I turned on the air conditioner, it turned itself off an hour later.

PrincessJasmW said:
A year ago, I had a similar situation. When I turned on the air conditioner, it turned itself off an hour later. Then, my sister and her children came to visit me and one of her children threw a ball into the air conditioner and finally broke it. My sister's husband said he would decide everything, but he decided everything for almost six months. Then I couldn't stand it any longer and decided to find some service myself. I went to the first service I found, here and they, unlike my sister's husband, did everything within a few hours.
I had an almost similar situation but it had ended not as well as yours

RGoldManning said:
PrincessJasmW said:
A year ago, I had a similar situation. When I turned on the air conditioner, it turned itself off an hour later. Then, my sister and her children came to visit me and one of her children threw a ball into the air conditioner and finally broke it. My sister's husband said he would decide everything, but he decided everything for almost six months. Then I couldn't stand it any longer and decided to find some service myself. I went to the first service I found, here and they, unlike my sister's husband, did everything within a few hours.
I had an almost similar situation but it had ended not as well as yours

Damn man. Hope things are going alright for you now. I hate minor inconvenience like these as much as you do

Back