Climate Control Settings with Remote Start

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speediburns

Am I missing an obvious, or even hidden button somewhere. If the app has the ability to set "go times" and create a climate temperature target (even if only 3 options exist), why can I not do this manually with the remote start functionality. I leave work at a different time everyday so using the go time function is not helpful. But, I would still like to precondition the car when I know I will be leaving soon. I assume, but dont know for sure, that I could set my climate control buttons before leaving the car? The hardware, and most of the SW is already there.

I am a new owner so if this is possible, please help me out. (without programming a go time everyday when I want to leave.)

Go through the menu on the left screen on the dash there is a setting for remote start. You can set the HVAC to something like "Last Used", "off", and "Automatic" if I remember correctly,.

Yes, you can set it to "last used", "off", or "automatic".

I leave it on auto because my climate control is off 70% of the time. If I'm remote starting the car then I want it to heat up or cool off... Automatic seems to work well but it doesn't get it as warm as I had hoped in 15 minutes. Maybe only trying to get the cabin to 72ºF.

Its in the left menu of the instrument cluster under settings.

I would like to be able to change or set it from my phone. I work for 9ish hours and the weather changes. It might rain, or I might decide to go out at lunch. There seems no good reason the app cannot offer this. Aside from what would be very minor development costs, there would be no cogs increase.

On the android app you can tap the right side up arrow icon to get to the menu list.
On the menu list, tap on "Charge Settings"
That will then show Go Times and you can tap on "View Schedule"
There is an "Add" button on that screen to add a go time.
You can specify a time and day(s) of the week plus select a temp for the cabin: off, 65F, 72F, or 85F

NightHawk said:
On the android app you can tap the right side up arrow icon to get to the menu list.
On the menu list, tap on "Charge Settings"
That will then show Go Times and you can tap on "View Schedule"
There is an "Add" button on that screen to add a go time.
You can specify a time and day(s) of the week plus select a temp for the cabin: off, 65F, 72F, or 85F
These are Go Times. The OP is not looking for Go Times help. Go Times only work when plugged in. Remote starting works all the time.
speediburns said:
I would like to be able to change or set it from my phone. I work for 9ish hours and the weather changes. It might rain, or I might decide to go out at lunch. There seems no good reason the app cannot offer this. Aside from what would be very minor development costs, there would be no cogs increase.
You can do this with a Tesla. I don't think any other EV (or any other car period) offers that functionality. What we have from Ford with remote starting from the app is better than every other EV except a Tesla AFAIK. As others said, you can set the remote start settings to Auto (72 F) or to Last Settings. We usually use Last Settings and crank the HVAC to 76-78 F & put it on Auto fan/mode before shutting down the car. Then the car gets pretty warm from 15 minutes of remote starting.

You can also get 30 minutes of remote starting using your key fob by following the remote start sequence twice. The MFM app will show the countdown starting at 30 minutes until your remote start session times out. I have not discovered a way to get 30 minutes from the app, just 15 and then you can add another 15 once it shuts off. You are only allowed 2 remote start sessions in an hour. If you want more, you must turn the car on & back off to enable remote starting again.

Back