FFE 2017 Comes CCS Combo2 Port Charger

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TareqAwad

Can replace the USA Port CCS SAE combo1 to CCS Combo 2 to charge from DC station
in my country all station European plugs ?

TareqAwad said:
Can replace the USA Port CCS SAE combo1 to CCS Combo 2 to charge from DC station
in my country all station European plugs ?
That would probably depend on Ford selling it in Europe?

Change CCS1-> CCS2 is possible. Requires a few changes. Changing the socket alone will do nothing - the car will not charge. Changing the resistor alone will only allow AC charging. Other changes are needed for DC to work. I was able to fully convert the US version to EU and to the 2013 version that has no DC, I was able to install and insert a fully functioning DC CCS2 Full EU charging.

Sebuś said:
Change CCS1-> CCS2 is possible. Requires a few changes. Changing the socket alone will do nothing - the car will not charge. Changing the resistor alone will only allow AC charging. Other changes are needed for DC to work. I was able to fully convert the US version to EU and to the 2013 version that has no DC, I was able to install and insert a fully functioning DC CCS2 Full EU charging.

Hello,

I currently have ford focus 2017 from usa with CCS1.

I need to convert it to CCS2.

I need the part number of the ccs2 port and harness please.

And Is it just the port to change as it already has ccs1? Or does it need any coding?

Please if you can help with details so i can proceed with this conversion.

Thank you!

Back