Painted Grille

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

It's always bothered me that Ford provided a blacked out fake grille on the FFE to make the FFE look more like a conventional ICE Focus. I want to celebrate the fact that I'm driving an electric car, not hide it. I have decided to try to get the blacked out portion of the grilled painted to match the body color of the car.

If I don't like the blacked out grille then I suspect many other people don't like these blacked grilles. As soon as I get my grille painted I will post pictures of the grille in this thread. If anyone else has painted their grilles or has done anything else with their grilles to make them look less ICE please post pictures here.

I've been thinking of using Plasti-Dip to make my grille look like a Focus ST. I don't care that my car doesn't stand out as a EV; in fact, one of the first things I did to my car when I got it was remove the E-Lectric logos from the hatch and the sides. I don't need to advertise to everybody that I'm driving an electric car.

Keith

Texas FFE said:
It's always bothered me that Ford provided a blacked out fake grille on the FFE to make the FFE look more like a conventional ICE Focus. I want to celebrate the fact that I'm driving an electric car, not hide it. I have decided to try to get the blacked out portion of the grilled painted to match the body color of the car.

If I don't like the blacked out grille then I suspect many other people don't like these blacked grilles. As soon as I get my grille painted I will post pictures of the grille in this thread. If anyone else has painted their grilles or has done anything else with their grilles to make them look less ICE please post pictures here.

Did you ever get this done? We'd love to see the pics.

That's funny, I was thinking about doing the opposite. I removed the electric badges on day 1, and have been wondering what an all black feauxgrille would look like. Black car.

Huh.

focusdipped.jpg

Original:

80920988fe00fbf64c34f3a18c614e18x.jpg

Thanks. I like it. Yes, it's plasti dip.

I modified the LED accents in the headlights to come on all the time and act like DRLs. There's a guide here that shows how to do it.

Here's the thread:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1589&start=30

This is also a topic on conversation in the mods forum. But here's my black with black plasti dip grill. I can't imagine a different color car with color matched grill looking very good...
33515591633_2f7ab27bd0_b.jpg"%20width="1024"%20height="768"%20alt="8v4ha0v

Back