2015 FFE New Tint & Wheels

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OC Dan

Just thought I'd share some pics of my new wheels. Going to black out the emblems and call it a day. Just rolled 500 miles on it, and can't figure out why I didn't buy an electric car a lot sooner. Can't wait for more range in the future, hasn't been a problem but I'd love to be able to roll it to San Diego from OC on a single charge!

----
MOD EDIT: fixed link syntax

Agreed! I don't drive in carpool anyways...too bad the dealer pre-installed, otherwise I wouldn't have them. Heard they're a nightmare to remove, so just gonna live with it.

OC Dan said:
Agreed! I don't drive in carpool anyways...too bad the dealer pre-installed, otherwise I wouldn't have them. Heard they're a nightmare to remove, so just gonna live with it.
Uggh.. they didn't even do a good job installing them. They look crooked?

Dealers should not install the stickers. They couldn't even install my front license plate holder properly, and there are guides molded into the front bumper and grill explicitly for that task.

I like the wheels, they look good with that color (same color as my car). I've also tinted my windows, and I've been considering using Plasti-Dip to darken the color of the stock wheels, as well as the grill. Based on how yours looks with those wheels, I'm more inclined to do that now. I've also debadged my car, all three e-lectric badges and the Focus badge. Looks much cleaner that way.

Agree with how ugly the HOV stickers look, but I do use mine, every day. One of the reasons I bought the car, I save at least 20 minutes a day on my commute, sometimes more.

Keith

I am going the way of Plasti Dip for the emblems. I think they look good when blacked out on this color car. I do plan on removing the Road and Leaf portion of the emblem, and plasti dip around the Green E. I think the E will look cool against the black background. Going to try to get it done this weekend. Will post pics, and better resolution too.

The wheels are TSW Bathurst, gunmetal gray. I wanted black, but this is the only dark color they come in and I really like the design of this wheel.

I'm sure the sticker placement goes something like this. "Bob, go put these stickers on stock number blah, blah, blah." "I don't know boss, I was out late last night and I'm still a little shaky because I haven't sucked down my chorizo burrito yet." " Bob, we sell 3 of these cars a month, nobody cares, now go slap them on" "Alright boss" "(Inside Bobs head) why are there two bumpers on this car that keep going in circles.....just aim for the center....splat....done"

I think my plate is a little high too. It is on the 3rd grill bar from the bottom. Looks like everyone agrees it should be the 2nd from the bottom.

In any event, I wouldn't have opted for the stickers if I had a choice only because I rarely do any freeway driving with this car. My commute takes me down PCH.

I'm looking to tint the windows on my similar magnetic 2016. What level of tint is yours for reference?
Thanks,
Keith

great thanks. If you have any links to higher res pics let me know or PM thanks!
Here in BC we technically cant go more than one shade darker than clear on fronts so not sure i will bother wasting money on them but id like to do the backs and was given the option of 32%, 20% or 5%.

Back