New 2017 Models below $20k BEFORE tax credit

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

Autotrader.com has at least one new 2017 FFE listed for less than $20,000, that's more than $11,000 below MSRP. Factor in the federal tax credit and the price of the car becomes $12,500. I thought I got a really good deal on my certified FFE but now I'm kind of wishing I held off a couple more months.

I guess the Ford dealers are trying to clear inventory in preparation for the 2018 models. I know there are a few people that ordered an FEE and now are patiently waiting 3+ months for delivery. Instead of waiting you might consider canceling your order picking up one of these great year end deals and paying less than $1000 for shipping to wherever you are.

I can't believe that is the cash price. They must be including cash incentives and or counting the tax credit. If not then that is a phenomenal deal. The white one I found is at the dealer where I got mine from. They were very helpful and were a pleasure to buy from.

Smoking_Rubber said:
Wow, that's .... WOW! My plan has been to order a 2018 next month. But I gotta look into this. It's in Wisconsin and I'm on the coast of California ... u think 1000 would get it here?

https://www.autotransportdirect.com

What zip code are you using on Autotrader? I don't see any new FFEs listed around Dallas or Houston TX

damania said:
What zip code are you using on Autotrader? I don't see any new FFEs listed around Dallas or Houston TX

I used my zip but input ANY DISTANCE and found this https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=455886195&hideBackLink=true&Log=0

Pearl said:
Smoking_Rubber said:
Wow, that's .... WOW! My plan has been to order a 2018 next month. But I gotta look into this. It's in Wisconsin and I'm on the coast of California ... u think 1000 would get it here?

https://www.autotransportdirect.com

Thanks for the info. They quoted me $970, which is very close to the cost of gas I'd spend driving there and back with a trailer. It's actually much less if you include the cost of hotels on a 7 or 8 day journey. I will go see my buddy at my local Ford dealer and see if he can step in and facilitate this.

Pearl said:
The only sub $20K FFE is in Wisconsin

There is a 2017 FFE in Maryland listed for $21.5k and one in California listed for $22.5k. I think we are going to continue to see sub and low $20k prices on the 2017 FFE models as dealers make room for the 2018 models. It looks like almost all of the new pre-2017 models are already gone do to previous deep discounts.

damania said:

I actually found my "Certified" 2017 FFE in Michigan and had it shipped from Michigan to Texas for $750. There is only a handful of used FFEs for sale in Texas and there is not a new or 2017 FFE for sale within 500 miles of Texas.

There was a rash of new FFEs sitting on dealer lots in Texas last year but they are long since gone I guess Ford figures there is not enough inventory to send new FFEs to Texas to sit on dealer lots right now. At least many of the Ford dealerships in Texas have been certified to service the FFE.

There were a hand full of "Certified" 2017 FFEs that came out of Michigan a month or so ago. Now you can't find a single used 2017 FFE anywhere in the country. It looks like people are starting to see what a good deal the 2017 FFE is and are snatching up all the best deals.

If you are ready to buy a 2017 you better snatch up the good deals when you see them. I don't expect good deals on the 2017 FFE to be around very long. And the Ford dealers are not going to want to give near as good a deal on the 2018 models right away.

Texas FFE said:
damania said:

I actually found my "Certified" 2017 FFE in Michigan and had it shipped from Michigan to Texas for $750. There is only a handful of used FFEs for sale in Texas and there is not a new or 2017 FFE for sale within 500 miles of Texas.

There was a rash of new FFEs sitting on dealer lots in Texas last year but they are long since gone I guess Ford figures there is not enough inventory to send new FFEs to Texas to sit on dealer lots right now. At least many of the Ford dealerships in Texas have been certified to service the FFE.

There were a hand full of "Certified" 2017 FFEs that came out of Michigan a month or so ago. Now you can't find a single used 2017 FFE anywhere in the country. It looks like people are starting to see what a good deal the 2017 FFE is and are snatching up all the best deals.

If you are ready to buy a 2017 you better snatch up the good deals when you see them. I don't expect good deals on the 2017 FFE to be around very long. And the Ford dealers are not going to want to give near as good a deal on the 2018 models right away.
Yeah, though wait a while during 2018.... Ford's lunch will be empty between the Leaf '18, Model 3 and Bolt (whatever comes of it). Hopefully they have a better trick for '19.

spirilis said:
Yeah, though wait a while during 2018.... Ford's lunch will be empty between the Leaf '18, Model 3 and Bolt (whatever comes of it). Hopefully they have a better trick for '19.

Even though people that order an FFE through a dealer are having to wait 3+ months, new FFE inventory on dealer lots has actually been increasing lately and these new FFEs are all 2017 models. Sales of the FFE have been pretty brisk this year compared to last year so we have to assume that production levels are currently elevated. Not everyone needs or wants to pay for a BEV with a 200+ mile range and the 2017 FFE does very well at fulfilling this lower range niche market.

I think Ford and the Ford dealers have done a poor job of marketing the FFE. I think most FFE sales are made to and by EV enthusiasts that do their home and find the FFE to be a good deal. If Ford improved their marketing campaign I think sales of the FFE could do very well while Ford works on a more capable EV.

Yeah if ford put forth the effort to educate their dealers and actually tried to sell the FFE I think the sales numbers would give the Leaf a run for it's money. Although with the reliability issues myself and others have experienced, it's probably in Fords best interest not to push EV sales with the FFE and wait until they have a more refined next generation EV. If I weren't a tech geek/early adopter and was a typical American buyer I'd be livid at Ford and probably wouldn't consider another EV let alone another Ford.

We called the Ford dealer in question ... the advertised price of 20k included the rebates. Total Click-bait marketing.

On the other hand ... I found out there are about 15 2017 FFE sitting on a lot in Thousand Oaks California. That's only about 2 hours from me so I'm going to go down there this weekend and see if someone's willing to deal on the shiny red one ;)

Smoking_Rubber said:
We called the Ford dealer in question ... the advertised price of 20k included the rebates. Total Click-bait marketing.

On the other hand ... I found out there are about 15 2017 FFE sitting on a lot in Thousand Oaks California. That's only about 2 hours from me so I'm going to go down there this weekend and see if someone's willing to deal on the shiny red one ;)
So sad, if it's too good to be true...

Good luck with the other cars. Have fun looking.

Smoking_Rubber said:

That is unethical, advertising for a federal tax REFUND that you may not even qualify for.

Pearl said:
Smoking_Rubber said:

That is unethical, advertising for a federal tax REFUND that you may not even qualify for.
The federal incentive is a tax credit (not a refund) that everyone qualifies for (assuming purchase of a qualifying vehicle).

Whether everyone can actually use the credit, since you can't apply it unless you owe some tax, is another question.

FYI - my ordered 2015 was $15,389.99 (after taxes, tags, stupid dealer processing fee, rebates, and $7500 tax credit), with no state incentive.

$20k for a new FFE (after all the "stuff") is WAY too high.

Back