Been following, about to purchase!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acreerl

I wanted to offer a thanks to everyone on the forum for information. I've been stalking this forum for a bit gathering information while considering purchasing a FFE.

Anyhow, I'm pulling the trigger on an Oxford White that's arriving at the dealer any day now. I wanted red without leather, but the nearest one is ~1000 miles away...would be quite a trip driving that home. I also didn't want to risk that the $3500 incentive for Ford financing would go away (expires 7/5) and not be renewed for the delivery of a custom order. I went to several dealers and all told me that they couldn't lock that particular incentive in.

Question about the window sticker link: I've custom ordered from the factory before (2010 Fusion Hybrid) and know that I was able to pull up my window sticker online and I even remember tracking my car on the CSX railroad by calling a 1-800 number back then. However, I can't pull up the window sticker for this particular car. The dealer has sent me a copy of the window sticker, but it's not the exact one...it's a different version. I was hoping to find the additional details like build date and such in the hopes that I could track it on the railcar again. Anyone know if the window sticker site only works for custom ordered vehicles? I can't think of any other reason it's not on the site now...aside from maybe the fact that it's already been built and is somewhere in transit?

Rob

Yes the window sticker link works for all vehicles.

If you already have the VIN and the link doesn't work that just means the car hasn't been scheduled to be built yet. The window sticker link usually becomes active a week or two before the build date.

acreerl said:
I wanted to offer a thanks to everyone on the forum for information. I've been stalking this forum for a bit gathering information while considering purchasing a FFE.

Anyhow, I'm pulling the trigger on an Oxford White that's arriving at the dealer any day now. I wanted red without leather, but the nearest one is ~1000 miles away...would be quite a trip driving that home. I also didn't want to risk that the $3500 incentive for Ford financing would go away (expires 7/5) and not be renewed for the delivery of a custom order. I went to several dealers and all told me that they couldn't lock that particular incentive in.

Question about the window sticker link: I've custom ordered from the factory before (2010 Fusion Hybrid) and know that I was able to pull up my window sticker online and I even remember tracking my car on the CSX railroad by calling a 1-800 number back then. However, I can't pull up the window sticker for this particular car. The dealer has sent me a copy of the window sticker, but it's not the exact one...it's a different version. I was hoping to find the additional details like build date and such in the hopes that I could track it on the railcar again. Anyone know if the window sticker site only works for custom ordered vehicles? I can't think of any other reason it's not on the site now...aside from maybe the fact that it's already been built and is somewhere in transit?

Rob

You can order what you want and lock in the $3500 at the time of order.

I ordered my car when there was also an additional $500 rebate, and I'm locked in. I either get the $4000 total rebate at the time of order, or the rebate offered at the time I pick it up. Whichever is greater.

My car is due to be at the dealer at the end of June. I'm tempted to wait to pick it up until after 7/6 to see if there is a bigger rebate.

jmueller065 said:
Yes the window sticker link works for all vehicles.

If you already have the VIN and the link doesn't work that just means the car hasn't been scheduled to be built yet. The window sticker link usually becomes active a week or two before the build date.

Hmm, well the window sticker doesn't load and the car is already built and due to be delivered between 5/12 and 5/18 according to the dealer's order screen. He showed me the screen so I could see for myself.

scottt said:
You can order what you want and lock in the $3500 at the time of order.

I ordered my car when there was also an additional $500 rebate, and I'm locked in. I either get the $4000 total rebate at the time of order, or the rebate offered at the time I pick it up. Whichever is greater.

I went to three dealers and all three told me the same thing. The $3500 discount for financing through Ford wasn't something that I could lock in...it required me to take delivery by 7/5. Given the order delays that I've seen on here, slim chance of taking delivery by that date and I don't want to risk it not being around.

acreerl said:
I went to three dealers and all three told me the same thing. The $3500 discount for financing through Ford wasn't something that I could lock in...it required me to take delivery by 7/5. Given the order delays that I've seen on here, slim chance of taking delivery by that date and I don't want to risk it not being around.

It is risky, but I actually went through finance and paid for my car when we got the VIN number, over a month before the car was built and delivered. It allowed me to lock in the rates and rebates I wanted. It is a risk for many obvious reasons but it worked out very well for me.

acreerl said:
I think the dealers might be feeding you a line of bs to try and get you to buy one on the lot. When I was shopping for a FFE last year every dealer I talked to that was willing to sell me one said the offer available when you place the factory order for the car are still valid even if the car arrives after the "must take delivery by" date. After all it's not your fault that ford didn't deliver. Besides most orders take longer than any particular incentive is "valid" for. I'm not a lawyer but I believe if they didn't still honor the original deal it would fall into the category of "bait and switch" which is quite illegal. Besides if they don't honor the original deal you can always walk away...

Trey said:
It is risky, but I actually went through finance and paid for my car when we got the VIN number, over a month before the car was built and delivered. It allowed me to lock in the rates and rebates I wanted. It is a risk for many obvious reasons but it worked out very well for me.

I hadn't thought of this...I might ask about this when the white car arrives and we go look at it. To be clear, you were making payments on a car that didn't even exist yet? How is that even possible? What did you use as collateral?

triangles said:
I think the dealers might be feeding you a line of bs to try and get you to buy one on the lot. When I was shopping for a FFE last year every dealer I talked to that was willing to sell me one said the offer available when you place the factory order for the car are still valid even if the car arrives after the "must take delivery by" date. After all it's not your fault that ford didn't deliver. Besides most orders take longer than any particular incentive is "valid" for. I'm not a lawyer but I believe if they didn't still honor the original deal it would fall into the category of "bait and switch" which is quite illegal. Besides if they don't honor the original deal you can always walk away...

Maybe they are...but I pressed on all three dealers pretty hard. I haven't committed to buying the one that's coming any day to them...just committed it to myself. Maybe I'll play hardball and refuse to purchase unless they lock in the price and see where that gets me.

acreerl said:
Question about the window sticker link: I've custom ordered from the factory before (2010 Fusion Hybrid) and know that I was able to pull up my window sticker online and I even remember tracking my car on the CSX railroad by calling a 1-800 number back then. However, I can't pull up the window sticker for this particular car. The dealer has sent me a copy of the window sticker, but it's not the exact one...it's a different version. I was hoping to find the additional details like build date and such in the hopes that I could track it on the railcar again. Anyone know if the window sticker site only works for custom ordered vehicles? I can't think of any other reason it's not on the site now...aside from maybe the fact that it's already been built and is somewhere in transit

My FFE is scheduled to be built on Monday. I looked two days ago, still no window sticker.

I'd love to be able to track the auto on CSX. If you can get a hold of the number, please let us know.

Re "locked in" prices etc., my dealer claims I will have the benefit of any better pricing until the car is actually delivered.

acreerl said:
Trey said:

I hadn't thought of this...I might ask about this when the white car arrives and we go look at it. To be clear, you were making payments on a car that didn't even exist yet? How is that even possible? What did you use as collateral?

Yes, I made one payment before the car arrived. I went through finance just like the car was on the lot, but delivery was more than a month later. I did not put any down payment or collateral on the line but I was locked into financing. As I said prior, there are many risks to doing this but the dealership delivered a brand new car without any flaws, as ordered and equipped, in a timeline that met their promises so it worked out fine for me.

I picked up my new Oxford White 2015 FFE last night about 4 hours after it arrived on the transport truck! Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help...whether you knew you helped or not!

Rob
2015 FFE - Oxford White

acreerl said:
I picked up my new Oxford White 2015 FFE last night about 4 hours after it arrived on the transport truck! Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help...whether you knew you helped or not!

Rob
2015 FFE - Oxford White

I'm so jealous. My FFE is scheduled to be built Monday. And then the long long wait for transportation begins.

In the meantime, my Turbocord was delivered today. The 220 line goes in this week. I changed my mind three times on a charger. First, I was going to get the Siemans. Then I was just going to trickle, since I don't put that much mileage on. In the end, I elected for portability. I'm very happy with the choice.

Good luck with your brand spanking new FFE!

eaglelaker said:
:D
Congrats! How long did you wait?

I only waited a couple of weeks...I picked off a dealer order that was already on its way. I would've preferred red, but didn't want to wait for it.
zebracadabra said:
I'm so jealous. My FFE is scheduled to be built Monday. And then the long long wait for transportation begins.

In the meantime, my Turbocord was delivered today. The 220 line goes in this week. I changed my mind three times on a charger. First, I was going to get the Siemans. Then I was just going to trickle, since I don't put that much mileage on. In the end, I elected for portability. I'm very happy with the choice.

Thanks! If you're in California, you might look into the EV charging pilot program through CPUC. JuiceBox is participating and giving free chargers for participating in a pilot program with them and your electrical provider. I signed up and should have a JuiceBox 40 Pro that I will be fully reimbursed for soon. Good luck on the wait!

acreerl said:
eaglelaker said:
:D
Congrats! How long did you wait?

I only waited a couple of weeks...I picked off a dealer order that was already on its way. I would've preferred red, but didn't want to wait for it.
zebracadabra said:

Thanks! If you're in California, you might look into the EV charging pilot program through CPUC. JuiceBox is participating and giving free chargers for participating in a pilot program with them and your electrical provider. I signed up and should have a JuiceBox 40 Pro that I will be fully reimbursed for soon. Good luck on the wait!

Thanks for the tax info. It turns out that NY has a credit but it applies to "trade or business." So, I would have to show my FFE is used for business to take advantage. Anyone interested should look at http://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/ct/ct637i.pdf.

Back