He's Finally Here: Great Car, Lousy Delivery Experience.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpwl

Well after all the hassles of ordering my FFE detailed at:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2203

things have finally moved forward. Eventually in Feb I received a 10 Mar tentative date but it was never stated if that was the delivery date or the production date! Ugh, it was like pulling teeth to get any information out of the dealer. In the end most dealers really are set up to primarily sell what they have on the lot and special orders are clearly an inconvenience to them! In early March I unexpectedly received an e-mail saying that the car would be received “any day now” so apparently the 10 Mar tentative date was for delivery. Of course the week of Mar 10 came and went with no delivery, then the week of 16 Mar, and 23 Mar and 30 Mar, you get the idea! Finally on 7 April I got the treasured e-mail saying the car had been received the evening before and it was being prepared for delivery which, after yet more convolutions, was finally scheduled for Fri 10 Apr. Now don’t get your hopes up because delivery didn’t go smoothly either. Because I live in Quebec and a front license plate is not required I had sent an e-mail what was ultimately 10 days prior to car receipt by the dealer directing that the plate holder NOT be installed and it simply be put in the trunk of the car. I also spoke with my salesman to confirm this which was acknowledged. When I arrived at the dealership I saw the car and was, for a brief period, overjoyed. We were a few moments early so we were asked to wait in the customer lounge which was no problem. When the salesman finally came in he gave me the news that their “detailer” had put the plate holder on the car. While I did not “blow up” I was quite furious over this, especially as it had clearly been done while we were waiting in the lounge. Quiet but very stern words were spoken noting that I had waited 7 months since ordering the car and that this was the only change from the usual PDI. I hadn’t asked that anything more than usual or particularly special be done, just don’t put the front plate holder on which should have actually saved the dealer and PDI staff one step of preparation. So the salesman went away to “see what could be done”. Another 20 minutes later the salesman returned and invited my wife and I out to see the car. Now my wife is a pretty quiet and understanding woman who rarely raises her voice in public but as we received yet another apology and “explanation” she made a comment to the effect of “because an idiot didn’t read his e-mail and couldn’t do his job properly”. And as I had stated in the lounge when first told of the error the inspection confirmed that any “plugging of the holes in the bumper cover would look atrocious! I was on the verge of walking away and told the salesman so. This was followed by comments relating that this is the first new car that I have ever bought so why should I accept anything less than “factory perfect?” I then followed up with the directive that he get his new car sales manager to resolve the problem. Of course the only resolution was a replacement of the front bumper cover which had obviously been worked out in the 10 minutes it took to get the manger out to talk to me as he immediately undertook to replace it, no argument, no excuses, so for the moment that was fine. The replacement part should arrive in a week to 10 days and then hopefully it will be a quick installation, a day or two at the most I’m hoping but the track record to date leaves me circumspect to say the least.

So after far too long sorting out that problem and signing financing papers etc I finally “owned” my FFE and sat down in the car for a basic familiarization with the car sufficient to let me drive it home. Dang this car is even more awesome than I remember from the test drive. 2015 FFE, blue candy with leather upholstery!! There is still so much to learn about the displays, data presentation, getting the car on MFM, sorting out go-times etc, etc, etc. I haven’t put very many kms on the car yet and I’m being quite gentle to try and drive the GOM up to counter the obvious “jack-rabbit” driving done at the factory, the transportation terminals and the off site PDI location. But I have had some fun as well as my usual more sedate driving.

Today a bit more ugly showed up though! My wife and I were at the garage entry and as we looked disgustedly at the two “filled” holes in the bumper cover (one of which is accompanied by an associated large paint chip) I noticed that they had also put 4 plugs in the grill!! As it turns out they must have drilled the front plate holder directly into the grill and put black plastic plugs into those holes which I didn’t see Friday evening in the low light of an overcast day and now leaves me wondering how they put two more holes into the bumper cover????? All I can say is “what the blazes”!! Of course the requirement for a new grill will be amongst the first phone calls to be made tomorrow and followed up with an e-mail. It all certainly leaves a very sour taste over the entire process which should have been a joy but has in many respects become a tedious ordeal that seems simply endless.

But the car itself is everything I remember and more and indeed everything all you guys have advertised. Love the quiet smooth power delivery, the overall build quality and cabin interior. Lots more to learn and experience of course but I’ve seen enough to know this was a good decision. Fun performance when it is wanted, good ride, pretty good control ergonomics and dang great colour!

Thanks for your help, information and support over what has become an almost year long journey.

Best Cheers

Carl

I second the comment about the survey. Be sure to explain in detail the comments about what your issues were with the dealer. This data does get back to the dealers. On one survey I gave the dealer high marks and explained in the comments about the outstanding job they did. A few months later I got a call from Ford Corporate thanking me for my feedback and that they were pleased that I had a positive experience. A few days later I heard from my salesman saying that he & the dealership owners appreciated my positive feedback on the Ford survey.

Another time when we had a poor experience I expressed that on the survey to Ford and the dealership GM called me and gave us a free PremiumCare ESP.

You can also use sites like dealerrater.com or Google to leave an honest review of the dealer.

I would also be very upset in your situation.

Are they giving you a new front bumper? Chances are it comes from the factory unpainted, and they'll have to paint it. Get down on your hands and knees and inspect it for air bubbles, stray hairs, etc.

Also, went you go to trade it in, they will take off value for your bumper having been replaced.

CPWL,

Not to highjack your thread, but this just fired me up even more.

I ordered the same config as you on 2/19. Tried to calm down after reading your monolog, but cannot.

I have a Chevy Volt, and my lease runs out in Aug., so on 2/19 I decided to order the FFE.
Was told from my work, I could use the x-plan, of course my dealer said no it is not available for the FFE. REALLY, several posters here say it is.

I have called every week asking for a VIN, or status. with no answers.
Finally find out they had to order it as a floor model, not sure how that effects my place in line.

So my salesman is on vacation, I called this week for two days trying to get someone to give me an answer, from the sales manager to the
detail monkey, who answered the phone. No one had a clue.

Then my salesman calls me, and I said your on vacation talk tomorrow when your in the office.
He said, you called my manager so I am telling you I will get a status tomorrow when I am in the office.
I do not believe he will have anything for me.

Dealing with FORD on this order is the worst ever experience in my 50 years of being able to purchase a car.
I am on the verge of getting a BMW Electric, sure I will have to pay a bit more, but they have what I want in color and interior.

Damn ....... frustration..

Tom French said:
Dealing with FORD on this order is the worst ever experience in my 50 years of being able to purchase a car.
I am on the verge of getting a BMW Electric, sure I will have to pay a bit more, but they have what I want in color and interior.
You are dealing with the Dealer...NOT Ford. Your worst ever experience is with your dealer. I would have walked out and found another dealer a while ago.

None of the dealer horror stories I've read (including yours) matches my (and others around here) experience.

jmueller065

That was my thought, but now I am 2/3 the way thru the waiting period I hope.

And reading all the excitement when someone gets theirs, I am still interested in showing some restraint.

Want this vehicle very bad.

Tom French said:
jmueller065

And reading all the excitement when someone gets theirs, I am still interested in showing some restraint.

I deal in custom built Bicycle frames from a few different suppliers. My experience in selling them is that each company has a different timeline for how soon they can deliver a frame. I have found that they are fairly consistent with one caveat, most times it takes longer than they say! When talking with my customers, I will tell them the estimated time to expect delivery. What I don't tell them is the time the frame builder says! My policy is to double the time estimate and then add two weeks. That works pretty well as rarely has it taken longer than that. So, If a builder says tow months, I tel the customer to expect it to take four months and two weeks. Then when the frame comes in three months later it is EARLY! WOW, they got their frame fast! If I had told them two months as I was told, it would have been a whole month late! Reading the stories of Fords delivery times, I think this policy holds true, expect it to take longer than you are told. Double the time and add two weeks. (I can say, without exception, Every customer who has waited a frustratingly long time to get their bike has been very happy with the decision to order custom and would do it again. None of them would even consider just going stock or settling for something else.)

When it arrives the time you have waited will have gone so fast, you'll wonder why you were so anxious. LOL!

Tom French said:
jmueller065

Well Tom, mKe sure you get with the dealer on the X-Plan because I got it on mine.

I placed N order for a Performance Blue with Leather and had my heart set on it, but after talking to more friends in the business and 2 reps who travel to the stores I was told the Boston centered Region only gets about 120 a year which meant I would or could be waiting for a bit like you are.

The dealership had a white FFE with cloth seats which was really nice and I decided to pull the trigger. I had 2 payments left on my C-Max and Ford said they would take care of the last payment and the second to last the dealer would pay. Well, I got my payment down to $220 with wear care and tire care, Ford took my second to last payment and I didn't know I had to make the first payment, so the dealer made it for me.

I might not had gotten the car I truly wanted, but the dealership made this customer very happy in the end. My C-Max had an issue which just pushed me to go with the one on the lot and instead of calling my car Tardis, I named it Yetti which is very fun.

SOO far I was able to get the car to charge up to 90m range and I'm way impressed at how well I am loving it. I can't wait to get the next Ford with 200m range.

Back