Power Steering Problem

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seetohcw

Need some advice here. I've my 2017 FEE for 2 months now. This happened x3. While reversing out of the garage, no power steering. Had to restart the car before power steering is restored.

Is this a sign of something breaking ie: power steering pump?

Or

1) When startup, give it a few more seconds to "turn on" before reversing. (everything is fine, don't worry so much)
2) Low in power steering fluid? I open the hood but I can't find the power steering reservoir. Where is it? Do FEE even have one?
3) I read somewhere that there's a recall on differential assembly for 15-16 FEE. Is that the problem?

Thanks guys and gals.

Raymond

I have done this many times myself.
If you do not press hard enough on the brake pedal, when powering on the vehicle, it will not "start"..
If you shift into reverse or drive, the vehicle will just roll a little, without power steering.
This happens because I do things so fast, I might get them out of sequence.
So always put the foot firmly on the brake pedal, then power on.
Make sure you see the little green car in the instrument cluster.
Then shift into reverse or drive.

Note, you cannot start the vehicle while in drive or reverse, you must first shift back to park or neutral, then foot on the brake, press Start, and then shift.

Not even necessarily needing to push the pedal further.

There's a about a second between hitting the button and the car switching to ready. If you lift your foot or shift out of park before the switch, it won't complete.

I also used to try to get going to quickly and I'd run into the same thing as well.

Back