Lateral Link Rear - Sound over bumps.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seetohcw

Hi guys, hope you have some input for me.

FFE 2017 has a clunking sound going over bumps. I took it to the dealer. They identify it's a worn lateral link (rear).

Part is cheap like $100.

But upon installation, they told me in order to replace the link, they will need to remove the battery pack to access one side of the link! 6 hours labor.

Anyone has a similar experience?

Thank you.

I just looked at the service manual. For the rear suspension, none of the procedures to service links or anything with the rear suspension stated to remove the battery pack.
Sounds like somebody wants to make extra money.

I had a similar issue because the dealer didn't properly reassemble the suspension after replacing other stuff, they definitely didn't need to take out any of the pack.

I'd say pass that to Ford - here's hoping someone gives a shit.

Thanks people. Yeah I walked away because it just seemed so ridculous.

I will check in with Ford directly.

It's fixed guys. Thank you.

Parts 140. Took 1.5 hours of labor. Done.

A reminder that we need to exercise common sense and 2nd quotes. Not all dealerships are bad.... some are very bad. I'm from BC Canada.

Curious - Did it maybe "sound or feel" like it could be the front too? Just bought a used 2nd owner 2016 FFE w/36k miles. We've had A LOT of issues from day one that didn't rear their ugly head until now. One of which is this "clunking type sound I can feel/hear from what seems like the drivers side on bumps and rough roads. I asked the Stealer to check it out while they were troubleshooting a brake light issue and they said they couldn't find anything. (Still charged me $87.50 "diagnostic" fee....SMH

Nope mine was just from the rear.

I did have a squeaky sound from the steering. I just applied some grease and it's mostly gone.

Hope you find your cause and fix soon.

Back