A/C Evaporator Drain Location

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalel14

The air conditioning smells a bit musty when I start it and on other cars that's meant that the drain line under the air conditioning evaporator clogged and there's some residual condensation in the box. On every other car I put it on the lift and there's a tube or a drain hole staring me in the face under where the refrigerant lines go into the cabin.

Of course, the FFE isn't every other car, so I can't find the condensation drain. Can anyone tell me where it is?

And yes, I've already changed the cabin filter.

Thanks.

83a8cb4s-960.jpg

e3a8cb4s-960.jpg

kalel14 said:
The air conditioning smells a bit musty when I start it and on other cars that's meant that the drain line under the air conditioning evaporator clogged and there's some residual condensation in the box. On every other car I put it on the lift and there's a tube or a drain hole staring me in the face under where the refrigerant lines go into the cabin.

Of course, the FFE isn't every other car, so I can't find the condensation drain. Can anyone tell me where it is?

And yes, I've already changed the cabin filter.

Thanks.

Once you locate it under the car, please let us know. Mine also smells a bit musty and I'd like to see if mine is clogged as well. Thx!

I had the car on a lift and went up and down the floor pan. I'll be damned if I can find the drain opening. Based on the above picture, it should be on the passenger side of the former transmission tunnel, but there's nothing there or anywhere else that I can see.

Start the engine, and then you should set the air recirculation in the cabin. Turn the air conditioning and heating to a minimum. Then open all the air vents, shake the bottle with cleaner and put it between the seats, press the atomizer button until it clicks, keeping the bottle away from your face; when the product starts to spray, leave the car for 10 minutes and close all the doors;
Ventilate the cabin for 5-10 minutes, then turn off the engine. During the cleaning of the air conditioner, internal surfaces of the ventilation and air conditioning systems, and the cabin.

Find a forum by keyword, create an account on the site, post a vaguely related single post and then have it answered soon after by a helpful individual with a brand new account and a link to some helpful product. Repeat.

Sadly, it's likely to be paid people rather than bots so it's difficult to stop. I flag them as soon as I see the windup - not sure how aggressively they are followed up though.

Anti_Climax said:
Find a forum by keyword, create an account on the site, post a vaguely related single post and then have it answered soon after by a helpful individual with a brand new account and a link to some helpful product. Repeat.

Sadly, it's likely to be paid people rather than bots so it's difficult to stop. I flag them as soon as I see the windup - not sure how aggressively they are followed up though.

I delete every one with a link that I see.

Back