Key not recognized after using remote start?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

A couple days ago I remote started the car via cell phone. The car hadn't remote started yet when I got to it. It remote started as I put my hand on the door handle to unlock and open it. I get in and attempt to start it and I get a strange error "no key recognized" or something to that effect. I use the fob to lock and unlock the doors while sitting in the car thinking maybe my fob is dead but it works just fine. so I try again still "no key recognized" and then the alarm starts going off. the screen on the dash shows a picture of the steering column and a fob with a message hold key here to shut off alarm. So I did and the alarm stopped. Still no key recognized though. Scratching my head at this point I'm guessing the remote start and me arriving at the car at roughly the same time must have confused the car? I get out walk about 20 ft away from the car and then get back in. I try again and "no key recognized" then on the second press of the start button (without my foot on the brake) the car went straight to ready to drive mode. So I guess if you get this error you have to get out and walk away a few steps and come back and try again :?

Back