Gift from Ford

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmen

Anyone else get a freebie Powerstick from Ford? Had a Fedex package at my door yesterday, containing this combination 8GB memory stick/mobile phone back-up power source. The enclosed letter says "please accept the enclosed Powerstick USB recharger as a gift with our thanks for your purchase". Kind of funny coming 14 months after I purchased. Anyway, it's a nice gesture.
And it's made in Canada.

Yes I got one too. Does the box it came in say on the top 2012 Focus Electric? It also says the samething on the back of the memory stick.
My FFE is a very early 2013.

I got mine by Fedex a couple days ago. I thought it was kind of nice. My wife was mad, since she bought another Ford this year, but I keep getting things like the magazine and coupons while she has received nothing. Thought it was kind of weird of them to send me a bunch of $750-$500 off coupons that only I could use right after I bought a car. I didn't notice anything about "2012" on mine. I'll have to go look now.

I got 2....a new one after the first one went bad. I'm not sure what killed it, but the battery swelled and burst the device at the seams. I had left it plugged into the USB slot. I figure it overcharged. Anyway, keep an eye on it. The replacement is doing fine....but I don't leave it plugged in anymore.

I received one of these by surprise yesterday. It's been just under 6 months since I took ownership.
The box doesn't indicate a specific year, but the files on the drive specify FY 2013 (I have a FY 2014).
File modification dates are from December 2013, after I leased mine; so they must still be making these...?

After we bought our cmax hybrid (non-energi), we got one that said "cmax energi" on it. Guess they had extra.

Back