Resetting the budget..did you know you can?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Yes, if for some unfathomable reason, you want to reset the budget value back to what is shown on the battery (e.g. zero out the "status") you can do it. Its kind of convoluted:

Set a destination on the nav system and make sure you answer yes to the "Will you charge at the destination?" question. Once the route is all setup and you see the display change from budget/status to charge pt/surplus cancel the route. When the route is cancelled the budget value will be reset to the current range indicated on the battery.

I've put a little more detail on this here:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/11/14/resetting-the-budget/

Ok yeah a quicker way would be to simply pull over and turn the car off and then back on again! LOL

jmueller065 said:
Ok yeah a quicker way would be to simply pull over and turn the car off and then back on again! LOL

Hehe,, yea,, I'll go with choice 'B'. :p

Well here’s the way the code works. It works by how you drive your car and what percent battery your car is at. So say today I was 90 percent full charge and I drove and I brought the charge to say at 60 percent. Well when I charge the car it’s at 60 percent plus the gauge says +5 so when I charge it should be 60 plus how long the charge takes to get to 100 percent plus the 5 on top of the amount of miles you got on charge

Back