Will there be anything electric in the US from Ford in 2019?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nallgaier

A few threads have addressed pieces of this, but unless I'm mistaken, there isn't one thread that tackles this question directly. My (second) FFE lease runs out in 6/19, but it sounds like the FFE will miss the 2019 model year completely (at best), and I'm wondering if there will be anything Ford for me. I'm only interested in purely electric, and it sure seems to me like there will be zilch from Ford in that regard next year. I'm not necessarily talking made in the US (though that would be nice), just available in the US. Based on the various threads here, and articles elsewhere, the prospects look grim... I guess I'm just wondering if anybody frequenting this forum has any sense at all that there's a possibility. If you do, why? And what model are you thinking might show up?

reserve a model 3 NOW. Ford keeps saying they're going to have a 300mi crossover but I don't think that is coming until 2020. Who knows maybe they'll surprise us now that the FFE is no longer made.

Agreed: Jaguar I-Pace: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/06/forget-about-that-tesla-the-jaguar-i-pace-is-the-most-compelling-ev-yet/

This is why I now drive a Bolt..felt funny walking into a Chevy dealership--haven't done that in about 30 years.

https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/2018/06/06/another-plugin-a-bowtie/

No Ford pure electric until at least 2020 and now that they have a train station to renovate; who knows.

Hey, I'd love an I-Pace, already built about 10 different versions of it! Price probably a bit too steep for me next year though. I am expecting to go Bolt myself at that time, but was wondering if there would be any option at all to stick with Ford...

Here is more on that train station: https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2018/06/20/ford-detroit-train-station-party/715076002/

You've seen the train station if you've seen the first Transformer's movie: Parts of the finale was filmed in and on that train station.
(countless other movies have also used it has a backdrop for ruined or old buildings.)

nallgaier said:
Hey, I'd love an I-Pace, already built about 10 different versions of it! Price probably a bit too steep for me next year though. I am expecting to go Bolt myself at that time, but was wondering if there would be any option at all to stick with Ford...

I also am considering a Bolt as my next electric, but figure by the end of the year, which is when my carpool exemption sticker expires, there will be a few more candidates out there to consider, including Kia, Hyundai, and the extended range Leaf.

And I'd love a I-Pace........but the one I've build is $75K. But I think I'd take one of those over a Model 3 (not M3, that's a BMW!!).

Keith

campfamily said:
nallgaier said:

I also am considering a Bolt as my next electric, but figure by the end of the year, which is when my carpool exemption sticker expires, there will be a few more candidates out there to consider, including Kia, Hyundai, and the extended range Leaf.

And I'd love a I-Pace........but the one I've build is $75K. But I think I'd take one of those over a Model 3 (not M3, that's a BMW!!).

Keith

You can lease an F-Pace for $400 and change or so--at least in the metro Detroit area (what I've seen in commercials so its a less than 10k mile 3 year lease). I would bet an I-Pace lease won't be much more than that (well ok probably $200 or so more than that LOL).

Yeah I was keeping an eye on the Kona Electric for a while but once I drove the Bolt around for a week I had to have one LOL.

Back