Spark EV with green HOV stickers?!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Today, driving on the freeway in San Jose, I saw a Spark EV cruising along in the HOV lane.

It had green HOV snickers (not white ones). All four of them.

(I got up close and checked... it was a regular old Spark EV, not some kind of weird new PHEV.)

Green stickers? How did that happen? :?

michael said:
Probably just filled out the form wrongly. I once saw a Volt with white stickers
But, it's not like they can't tell from the VIN what the make/model of the car is, and that it qualifies for the appropriate sticker.

Otherwise, you could just claim that your Chevy Impala is a BEV.

WattsUp said:
michael said:
Probably just filled out the form wrongly. I once saw a Volt with white stickers
But, it's not like they can't tell from the VIN what the make/model of the car is, and that it qualifies for the appropriate sticker.

Otherwise, you could just claim that your Chevy Impala is a BEV.

Right they can, but it would appear the DMV didn't bother to do so. You saw a green stickered Spark, I saw a white stickered Volt.

Or maybe they just sent the wrong stickers.

Maybe I'll file for a white sticker when I get my next Volt, see what happens!

michael said:
Right they can, but it would appear the DMV didn't bother to do so. You saw a green stickered Spark, I saw a white stickered Volt.

Or maybe they just sent the wrong stickers.
Yeah, or maybe the Spark guy got the green stickers for another car, but put them on his Spark.

Since half the people out there can't seem to understand the instructions about where to place the stickers on their cars, I can also imagine that some don't know the difference between the white and green. :)

Anything can happen. I've noticed so many miss-placed or missing stickers. The instructions are quite clear. Still it happens.

Back