Tesla Roadster no longer being made??

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

california

Did anyone else hear this? I was talking with somebody last night and they said they heard Tesla is dropping the roadster and moving towards a 4 door luxury sedan. He also said that Tesla has only sold 2000 of the roadsters!

I mainly find this interesting because the Roadster is what many people use as a base for their expectations of other electric vehicles including the Ford Focus Electric... isn't that why we all wonder how come the Leaf can only make 100 miles when the Roadster can do much more?

california said:
Did anyone else hear this? I was talking with somebody last night and they said they heard Tesla is dropping the roadster and moving towards a 4 door luxury sedan. He also said that Tesla has only sold 2000 of the roadsters!

I mainly find this interesting because the Roadster is what many people use as a base for their expectations of other electric vehicles including the Ford Focus Electric... isn't that why we all wonder how come the Leaf can only make 100 miles when the Roadster can do much more?

Tesla announced this months ago. Their reasoning is that they want to make the Roadster into a collector's item, not a commodity. I think that was the plan from the start. Don't worry though, with their contract with Toyota, they aren't likely going anywhere as a company. I just hope they stay an independent company instead of selling to Toyota. America needs a nimble, innovative company like Tesla, especially in the automotive world.

Back