New FFE Owner

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amgontarz

Hello, fellow FFE enthusiasts!! Anthony here from Norfolk, VA. I just took delivery today of my 2014 Ingot Silver FFE, and I am loving every minute of it! My other car is a 2003 Civic Hybrid, which I think is about the perfect car to train on getting great range in an EV. BTW, I paid just under $29K OTD through USAA. Dealer gave me $6K bonus + $1K dealer incentive + 0% for 60 months!!! Ordered a plug-in GE Wattstation from Amazon for $679, which arrives Saturday. I hope to have my outdoor 240V outlet installed Monday, so I'm on the slow charger until then.

Why did I buy a FFE? No Honda Fit EV or Hyundai EV available in VA, and figured since I have 5.8 kw worth of solar panels going up, it might be nice to be able to lower my payback time on those. Overall, this is likely the best American-made car I could get for about $21,500 after taxes.

amgontarz said:
. . . BTW, I paid just under $29K OTD through USAA. Dealer gave me $6K bonus + $1K dealer incentive + 0% for 60 months . . . Overall, this is likely the best American-made car I could get for about $21,500 after taxes.
Congrats on your new FFE. I assume your $29K price is before tax and license, and that the $21,500 price includes tax and license. I was also able to get a total price before tax and license of $29,000 (TRUEcar), including leather and destination. But, I can't get any California dealer to budge one penny below that price--the final OTD price is $32,500, including California state sales tax (9.0%) and license (1%). This is the best price I've been able to get.

studio460 said:
amgontarz said:
. . . BTW, I paid just under $29K OTD through USAA. Dealer gave me $6K bonus + $1K dealer incentive + 0% for 60 months . . . Overall, this is likely the best American-made car I could get for about $21,500 after taxes.
Congrats on your new FFE. I assume your $29K price is before tax and license, and that the $21,500 price includes tax and license. I was also able to get a total price before tax and license of $29,000 (TRUEcar), including leather and destination. But, I can't get any California dealer to budge one penny below the TRUEcar price--the final OTD price is $32,500, including California state sales tax (9.0%) and license (1%). This is the best price I've been able to get.

Nope. With tax, title, tags, processing fee, and delivery price was $34,877. Minus the $6000 rebate brought it to just under $29K. After the $7500 tax incentive, I'll be $21,377. Awesome deal for an awesome car.

studio460 said:
amgontarz said:
Congrats on your new FFE. I assume your $29K price is before tax and license, and that the $21,500 price includes tax and license.
I made a mistake (I misread your post, and thought your OTD with tax and license was $31,000). That's an incredible deal. That's a whopping $3,500 less than the best price I could negotiate from three Los Angeles-area dealers, which was $32,500 OTD (which includes the $6,000 customer cash incentive, and "free" leather).

studio460 said:
studio460 said:
amgontarz said:
Congrats on your new FFE. I assume your $29K price is before tax and license, and that the $21,500 price includes tax and license.
I made a mistake (I misread your post, and thought your OTD with tax and license was $31,000). That's an incredible deal. That's a whopping $3,500 less than the best price I could negotiate from three Los Angeles-area dealers, which was $32,500 OTD (which includes the $6,000 customer cash incentive, and "free" leather).

Well, CA also gets an extra $2500 tax incentive, so it's possible that is the source of some of the difference. BTW, I had to order mine from Ford, no dealers in the Norfolk area have FFEs, and the closest dealer that had one only had a 2013, white with leather priced at about the same as what I got the 2014.

Yes, the California $2,500 rebate does put my "final" price (after the additional $7,500 federal tax credit) within $1,000 of your deal (still not sure how the the state rebate would affect Ford's and/or the dealer's cost/pricing structure though). Still, that's an amazing deal you got! Thanks for all the info!

Back