Make "vroom tone" volume and speed range user modifiable

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFS

In warm climates, wheel noise (or a quiet tone at speeds of less than 10 mph) may work ok for pedestrians who know they are at risk (e.g. the blind). But in cold weather (where people have hoods up or hats on), or for people that do not know they're at risk (e.g. the elderly, kids, people with cellphones), or in areas with other ambient noise (e.g. driving through a party area on a friday night, or driving up on a cyclist) the noise (and speed range for the noise) are quite clearly not adequate. Let us modify this (set and forget) via the cellphone app, please!

I'd obviously prefer to choose my own tone, too, but I understand that this would create all sorts of headaches for Ford (implications of suitability, licensing, etc). Still, volume and speed range should be tweakable, no?

Does the Focus EV make an artificial noise currently? Or are you stating your wishes for some future feature? I haven't noticed any noise.

Back