key fob

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tzgoetz3

some how my son locked both key fobs in the car! how is this possible? I thought the car isnt supposed to lock when they are left in the car? cost $180 to get into the car!

Yeah, that got me puzzled, so I checked with mine.
Lowered the window, and tossed the key on the seat.
Closed door and attempted to lock from the sensor pad. Nothing.
Opened door, pushed the lock button while open, and it set.
When I closed the door, it honked twice and unlocked the door.

So why might it have happened with your car?
1. Are both fob batteries new, fresh, and at 3+ volts?
2. Are the battery "fingers" in the fob making a good solid contact with the battery? From the factory, the fingers are positioned short, and do not make good contact on the battery. Gently bend the fingers up from the circuit board only enough to move about a millimeter.
3. Maybe the fob receiver in the car is disconnected or problematic?
4 Maybe the door switch does not know the door has closed?
Dunno

I know for a fact that the battery in one key fob was brand new so that wasn’t an issue! My car does honk when u leave it in there and close the door. So idk what the heck happened?!?

I know for a fact that the battery in one key fob was brand new so that wasn’t an issue! My car does honk when u leave it in there and close the door. So idk what the heck happened?!?
I have had this same issue. For my first ~6 ears with my FFE, this would not happen, and the trunk or door would pop open / unlock. However, during my last 3 years this has happened to me a few times. So weird. And my car also still honks, when I close the door with the car "on" and no key inside.

Luckily, I have been able to get back into the car without much monetary expense through the help of AAA, a good Samaritan with the right tool, and/or a cracked window.

Now I am just really diligent about making sure that I never close the door of the car without making sure the key fob is on my person.

Can't you open through the app? I guess you don't have 4G modem upgrade for the new app

Back