Just got a win yesterday for EVs in Colorado

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannymack

My wife currently works at the University of Colorado Hospital. They recently built a massive new employee garage (3000ish spots) and each level came with 2 Eaton chargers. There was one issue, the chargers were not in designated EV spots. Anyone could park there which made them completely useless. While at the hospital yesterday for an appointment I figured we would take the FFE down to see how it does on the drive (31 miles mostly highway). By the time we got there we had about 35 miles remaining which puts the drive home very close. Thankfully one of the spots was conveniently available, so we pulled up. I attempted to get the charger to take my card, it was $.50 an hour which isn't bad in my opinion, but the charger would not accept any of my cards. I said screw it and went to the appointment. On our way out we decided to talk to the guest service admin about the issues. Here's what we got out of it.

It's currently more expensive to have the bank account linked to the chargers currently than to just let people charge for free. So apparently I could have just plugged in and it would have all been good (I went back and plugged in for 45 minutes). The spots aren't currently designated because there hasn't been a request to do so. Well we were the request he needed, so the process has begun and he is having signs created to designate all of the EV charging stations as EV ONLY spots. The spots are also some of the best in the garage due to their location.

So the final verdict is that sometime in the next month or 2 there are going to be somewhere around 8 - 12 EV specific spots for University of Colorado Hospital employees each with their own free level 2 charger. The garage costs $2 a day, but most employees already pay that fee for the convenience.

It felt nice getting that to happen.

Back