iPhone voice features keeps flipping stereo to Bluetooth

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

I have an iPhone 6. I used to have an iPhone 4. Both "work" with my FFE.

However, I have recently noticed that sometimes (not always, but pretty regularly) using the "voice" features on the iPhone sometimes leaves my FFE radio set to the Bluetooth audio source.

For example, if I use the iPhone's speech-to-text feature to dictate a text (by simply pressing the microphone button on the iPhone keyboard while in the Messages app), this silences my radio and allows me to dictate the text (which all works fine), except that when the radio comes back on, it is streaming music via Bluetooth from my iPhone, when previously it was playing from the USB stick (and I always use the USB stick in the car).

As another example, when I receive a text, the FFE notifies correctly me with a "ding" over the car speakers and an alert on the dashboard and, when I click the alert on the dashboard, I can listen to a text-to-speech rendition of the text. With my iPhone 4, when finished, this would always leave the entertainment system that way it was before. With the iPhone 6, again sometimes but not always, the entertainment system is left set to the the Bluetooth audio source.

Anybody else noticed this?

WattsUp said:

However, I have recently noticed that sometimes (not always, but pretty regularly) using the "voice" features on the iPhone sometimes leaves my FFE radio set to the Bluetooth audio source.

For example, if I use the iPhone's speech-to-text feature to dictate a text (by simply pressing the microphone button on the iPhone keyboard while in the Messages app), this silences my radio and allows me to dictate the text (which all works fine), except that when the radio comes back on, it is streaming music via Bluetooth from my iPhone, when previously it was playing from the USB stick (and I always use the USB stick in the car).

As another example, when I receive a text, the FFE notifies correctly me with a "ding" over the car speakers and an alert on the dashboard and, when I click the alert on the dashboard, I can listen to a text-to-speech rendition of the text. With my iPhone 4, when finished, this would always leave the entertainment system that way it was before. With the iPhone 6, again sometimes but not always, the entertainment system is left set to the the Bluetooth audio source.

What iOS and SYNC versions are you running? Update to the latest versions of each. IIRC this was an issue with iOS that was fixed.

WattsUp said:

This has not happened to me running iOS 9.3.1 on my iPhone 5s. The FFE is running Sync 3.8.

Yes, it's a big hassle. And it's an iphone problem, not Sync problem. Same thing happens in my Volt.

I'm listening, for example, to Sirius, a text message comes in, and the iphone grabs the bluetooth and I'm listening to something on my iphone.

Back