Got my first electric bill!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

I got my first electric bill, covering the last four months. Almost exactly the same amount of time I've owned the FFE.

I've been driving nearly 2000 miles a month, and do part of my charging (maybe 40%) at work, the rest at home. At the time I got the car, I switched the 20 or so most-used halogen bulbs in my house to LED, and I stopped leaving my computer on 24/7. No other changes to my life style.

The net effect....my electricity usage went DOWN slightly from a year ago...from 36 to 35 KWH/day.

Oh....and I'm saving about $300 a month in gasoline (80 gallons/month). And the lease payment on the FFE is actually less than on the Focus ICE that it replaced.

Michael - my experience was similar to yours. With the first PSE&G bill I was expecting the big bust but it turned out to be a big fizzle. I do the bulk of my charging at work too since its free and L2. I only got 110V at home. The bill was a couple of bucks higher but nothing to worry about. This is also in NJ which is a real high tariff state. Electricity charges, at least in Winter, isn't an issue for me. I guess I'll see really what happens in Summer when the AC kicks in for the first time. I suspect the cost of that will be higher.

Back