Ford Focus Electric AV Connectors and USB ports

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenRPMs

I was watching this video on the Ford Focus Electric and saw that the console has an AV connection and 2 USB ports (about 2:15 into the video). Has anyone used these on the Ford Focus Electric yet? How do you tell how much drain on the battery your technological toys have or do not they really drain the overall focus ev battery much at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LShIP5zYyg

I didn't hear them say if they were USB 2.0 or 3.0. Would be pretty sweet to have such an advanced car like the ford focus electric to support a 3.0, but even a 2 would be really convenient for many reasons.

From my experience usb devices don't drain much power, but i can't say for sure. Thanks for the vid, i love reading about the features the ford focus electric has; its a great car.

I don't know if you're still wondering, but it is a USB 2.0 connection and, whether the device is charged fully or not when you plug it in, the draw is nominal.

enoyes said:
I don't know if you're still wondering, but it is a USB 2.0 connection and, whether the device is charged fully or not when you plug it in, the draw is nominal.
Turns out, this is a non-issue. Power is removed from the USB ports when you turn the car off.

What can be an issue, however, is the fact that (somewhat inconsistently with the USB behavior) power is not removed from the 12V accessory socket when the car is off. Thus, it is possible to drain the 12V battery this way if you leave some kind of accessory plugged in consuming power long enough.

I have not used the A/V ports yet. I assume that, with video connected, one can watch it on the main MFT display?

Back