Bosch Powermax failed after only 2 years

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomEV said:
*Install 75' of Conduit & Wire in the Attic
If it's copper wire, 75' is very expensive. I remember at the time of my initial install that copper wire was required. I don't recall if that was code or just part of the Bosch install instructions, but the electrician seemed to agree that copper was needed. He only charged a couple hundred dollars for the install, but there was almost no wire required as it's directly on the other side of the wall from the breaker box. He later installed one for a friend that involved running wire from one side of the house to the other. That install ran about $800 due to the expense of running so much copper wire. It could be this is why your install is so expensive.

On another note, I went ahead and got the clipper creek HCS-40 hard wired version to replace the dead Bosch. So far, so good.

campfamily said:
Tell them it is for an air compressor.......

Probably not the best idea. There are different requirements for a load that cycles on and off compared to a load that doesn't.

piu_mosso said:
TomEV said:
If it's copper wire, 75' is very expensive. I remember at the time of my initial install that copper wire was required. I don't recall if that was code or just part of the Bosch install instructions, but the electrician seemed to agree that copper was needed. He only charged a couple hundred dollars for the install, but there was almost no wire required as it's directly on the other side of the wall from the breaker box. He later installed one for a friend that involved running wire from one side of the house to the other. That install ran about $800 due to the expense of running so much copper wire. It could be this is why your install is so expensive.

On another note, I went ahead and got the clipper creek HCS-40 hard wired version to replace the dead Bosch. So far, so good.

That's the one I plan on getting but with the plug instead of hardwired. Very good reviews on either version.

piu_mosso said:
TomEV said:

Think I paid $88 for 50' of wiring at Home Depot.

Back