Best Buy Tie In

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjfotos

Ford has an interesting strategy, linking up with Best Buy for distribution and installation of the electric access....

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10967038/1/ford-out-electrifies-gm-and-nissan.html?cm_ven=RSSFeed&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+tsc/feeds/rss/latest-stories+(TheStreet.com+Latest+Headlines)

Do you think this is really much of an advantage? Other than making it a little easier for people to access the charger, couldn't they just have sold them through the dealerships?

They are having the geek squad install the EV chargers but I thought they were computer guys - now I'm trusting them to come and install a high power charger in my garage?

I think the advantages are that the costs are (so far) lower than most and the installation will be done through a nationwide major. They won't be having the Geek Squad install electrical conduit. If that is necessary for the 240v install, they will have local licensed electricians do it.The liability and local code enforcement issues require that.

Will be interesting to see!

Back