A/C not working at all

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

I only have 2000 miles on my FFE but I have no AC working as of today...Just before that my car was charging in the sun (80F) and some kind of fan or cooling was going in the engine compartment for a long time.

After that I started driving and that noise went away but later I noticed I had no A/C although the fans were running and blowing as expected...the energy consumption was zero under A/C but went up when I turned the HEAT up so I am confident this is A/C only

I looked at the fuse for the A/C controller and it was ok...

Any other relay I should look at; maybe there is a high pressure built up? no error code as far as I can see.

I don't have any answers for you, but I'm familiar with the problem. On several occasions the AC would not turn on for me. The longest was about 10 minutes, and that's happened twice. Usually just a few minutes, though, and then it comes back on. I've taken it into the dealership, but they could not duplicate the problem and there were no error codes.

fbitz777 said:
I only have 2000 miles on my FFE but I have no AC working as of today...Just before that my car was charging in the sun (80F) and some kind of fan or cooling was going in the engine compartment for a long time.

After that I started driving and that noise went away but later I noticed I had no A/C although the fans were running and blowing as expected...the energy consumption was zero under A/C but went up when I turned the HEAT up so I am confident this is A/C only

I looked at the fuse for the A/C controller and it was ok...

Any other relay I should look at; maybe there is a high pressure built up? no error code as far as I can see.
Did you try running a VHR? Sometimes that might log something to help the dealer diagnose the issue.

I can't find the VHR function; is it in myfordmobile?

all systems check ok on the dashboard check function.

I am more worried that AC is needed to cool battery? ....by some "bad luck' or coincidence we are starting to get the first really warm days of the year (high 80s') here in Western PA

fbitz777 said:
I can't find the VHR function; is it in myfordmobile?

all systems check ok on the dashboard check function.

I am more worried that AC is needed to cool battery? ....by some "bad luck' or coincidence we are starting to get the first really warm days of the year (high 80s') here in Western PA
Press the voice button and say "Run Vehicle Health Report". The car will then run the report and use your phone to send it to your Sync account. Then you can login at home and view the report.

VHRs can be very useful. For example, when we first had our FFH we had the check engine light come on after only a few hundred miles. We ran a VHR which identified the issue as a vacuum leak from the evaporative emissions system. We took the car to the dealer armed with this information and they were able to quickly pinpoint the issue and replace the defective part.

I had this happen once. I attributed my time to the 105 degree weather at the time and only charging on 120v. I know the sounds of the ac compressor pretty well and it was at full speed but not cooling the cabin at all. When the car is cooling the battery pack with the ac compressor I have noticed the the climate power meter goes to zero yet the compressor is humming along.

Your temps don't really corlate though. I'm also farily positive the car doesn't run the ac compressor for TMS when on 120v. In fact I felt the cooling lines on the battery pack when the fans running about 3 weeks ago, charging on 120v, they were pretty hot. When compressor tms was running on level two those same lines are nice and cool when the compressor runs

Back