2016 FFE still cannot recognize charging locations

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomJ

I have posted here a couple of times with regards to this issue:
My 2016 FFE with SYNC 3 does not recognize all charging locations. This issue is causing my "value charging profile" to be useless. The car randomly will recognize a charging location if I've charged there once, then I can go to a different location some other time and it does not. I wouldn't normally be bothered with this except that the places that I want to use to set up the value charging profiles aren't being recognized. I am assuming this is all something within this vehicle as my 2014 FFE (which I replaced with this new 2016) worked flawlessly with regards to setting up and using the value charging profiles. I have taken it to the dealer (that has proven useless), I have contacted Ford and have a pending case open that only gets responses when I attempt to find any news from them (I now get the response that they are investigating my case), and I ultimately deleted all of my information, my account and the vehicle from MFM and started over. Still the system does not want to work properly. Without the value charging, I am paying the higher rate for charging as it wants to charge as soon as plugged in. I have a EV rate with my electricity provider that allows me to use energy overnight when rates are much less but this issue is not allowing me to take advantage of this. I cannot even toggle to value charge as the car does not recognize that the location so it does not allow a value charge "manual" set. It reverts back to charge now when I am at home. My car resides in the SF Bay Area where climate is moderate and the vehicle is garaged so ambient temperature is not the issue. And since this system worked in my last FFE, it must be this vehicle/system. This is very frustrating as I cannot just plug it in and forget it. I have to monitor when it gets plugged in and when I want it to charge.

You could always set up a timer so the power to your charge station only comes on during the cheap electricity time window.

I've come to the conclusion that charge locations in Sync 3 just doesn't work. When I first got the C-Max (w Sync 3) I setup value charging but never got it to work.

In my case I only really have 1 value charge location (home) so I deleted all the locations and setup the charge times for the "Default" location and then manually switch between charge now and value charge when I want to use value charge.

Basically gave up on using charge locations all together....

Back