Focus wont start and has no power

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw714

2016 FFE owner here. Had car since new for about 2 years now and love my car. This morning I went out to my car and touching the door would not unlock the car. I had to use the actual key to open. I see on my phone that I received multiple low battery notifications overnight on my ford app, but I had almost a full charge when I got home and even my ford app shows I have 87% left, but is shows I have a zero mile range. I pressed the start button and now I hear a constant clicking noise coming from under the hood. I tried to plug in my car to see if I can get a charge going, and it will not charge.

Within 30 min, my phone app now shows my battery is now at zero%.

Was there some type of update last night? Has anyone else had this issue? I assume that I will need to take this into the dealership, but I don't think they much experience with FFE's.

Anyone with any insight would be helpful!!!
Thanks

Your problem is not with the high voltage battery (it is fine); your problem is with the 12V battery.

Put a charger on it (or even jump it from an (gasp) ICE vehicle). Note that you may now have to replace the 12V battery (its under the hood).

This is a common occurrence with the FFE.

thanks for the quick reply. I will try to jump my 12v when I get home.

I assume that I will have to probably replace my 12v. Is this a standard 12v that is in the regular ICE 2016 focus?

Back