Pictures?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
campfamily said:
How do I upload a picture into a post?
You don't.

You upload the image to an external image-hosting service and get the URL of the image. Then, you reference the image URL with an tag within your post, which you can type in manually, or use the "Img" button at the top of the editor. Your image will be embedded within your post, but the forum itself does not host the image. Your external image-hosting service does.

Pro tip: To ensure that your image appears properly, use the "Preview" button to check that your [img] tag works as expected before submitting the post.

Guideline: Please do not embed overly-large images (e.g., full resolution from your 50 jigapixel camera). Resize all images down to something reasonable first. Optionally, you can use the [img] tag to embed a small version of the image, but provide a link to a larger version if that level of detail is important. Don't make everyone download and scroll past your giant images when they're simply trying to visit the forum.

FYI postimage.org provides the text to copy and paste which will show a "thumbnail" in the post that can then be clicked on to open the full resolution picture.

triangles said:
FYI postimage.org provides the text to copy and paste which will show a "thumbnail" in the post that can then be clicked on to open the full resolution picture.

but they expire in 31 days

Pearl said:
triangles said:
Really?

The images I hosted at postimg.org three years ago are still working in the following topic, for example:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1004

Where did you see that the image URLs will expire in 31 days?

WattsUp said:
Pearl said:
triangles said:
Really?

The images I hosted at postimg.org three years ago are still working in the following topic, for example:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1004

Where did you see that the image URLs will expire in 31 days?

Oops, my mistake.

I saw in the dropdown box:
Remove after 1 day
Remove after 7 days
Remove after 31 days

and TOTALLY missed the No Expiration choice. Duh.

Back