Wrench light

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richmond72

This weekend the wrench light came on. It went off when I powered off but kept coming on a few miles into my subsequent drives. I took it in last night and got it back tonight. They performed a recall software update. When they brought the car out to me, the light came back on. They kept it.

Anyone else have this problem?

I am having an intermittent wrench light also, and am taking to the dealer this Thursday. I'll post the results of that visit. It first came on when I was rocking the car thru deep parking lot snow. Then it came on the next day for a while and went off.

According to the Ford Engineers, the car has a transmission fault and the transmission needs to be replaced. It should take 1-2 weeks to get the car back.

My car is at the dealer's, as I mentioned before for the wrench light indicator. I have been told to get the car back, and that it may be a problem with the main battery pack, but to drive the car until the fault comes on again and then bring it back. I'm only about 12 miles away from the dealer, so I'm not distressed about that. I mentioned the transmission problem that was found with Richmond72's car, and they thought the rocking might have caused that alarm momentarily.

Richmond72 said:
According to the Ford Engineers, the car has a transmission fault and the transmission needs to be replaced. It should take 1-2 weeks to get the car back.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. I swear, my wife nor I did anything to it while we were test driving it before you bought it! Did they give you a loaner until the transmission comes in?

The dealership said my car would be ready today or Monday. They were going to call if it was ready today so I guess that means I will be able to pick it up Monday after work. I forgot about getting my permanent tag so the temporary one has expired. I'll have to pick the car up Monday and head over to the tag office Tuesday before I can do any driving in it. I really hope this took care of the problem as I am ready to have my baby back.

Richmond72 said:
The dealership said my car would be ready today or Monday. They were going to call if it was ready today so I guess that means I will be able to pick it up Monday after work. I forgot about getting my permanent tag so the temporary one has expired. I'll have to pick the car up Monday and head over to the tag office Tuesday before I can do any driving in it. I really hope this took care of the problem as I am ready to have my baby back.
Got the car back yet?

Gigi said:
Got the car back yet?

Oh, how I wish! No, I called Monday and the new service rep assigned to me (1st one left the dealership) said it would be ready Tuesday (needed another part). On Tuesday, they said the wrong part was ordered and it would be Wednesday. On Wednesday the part was being installed and wouldn't be done in time to test it. So, today is Thursday and I am hoping that I get to pick it up after work.

... and still no car. Today's reason was a noise coming from the motor. They said they heard it when driving it after the fix. Maybe tomorrow?

Any update on what the exact issue was? Transmission or battery? You never solved the puzzle for us.

Earlier in the week while putting the car into reverse, then in drive, I got the wrench check engine light. It said "see manual". Car wouldn't drive and the shifter had little resistance when going from drive to park. I restarted 3 times, and everything finally worked. No light, everything normal.

The manual states that its the "charging system or drivetrain" I believe.

Anyone else? I'll keep googling.

Back