Chat with the Ford Focus Electric marketing manager

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfocuselectric

On November 10th, at 1:00pm EST, Ford is hosting a live chat with Chad D'Arcy the marketing manager for the Ford Focus Electric. Chad will be taking questions from Ford Focus Electric vehicle fans with updates on rollout details, including how they can get in line with the upcoming reservation process. Chad will also provide info the certified Ford Focus EV dealers in the process.
Ford has been refining electric vehicle capabilities with their hybrid vehicles, and now the Ford Focus Electric is the result of teams committed to driver needs, smart technology, and consumer choice.

To enter your email address to be reminded of the chat session, visit this page at Ford.com:
http://social.ford.com/our-articles...-focus-electric-marketing-manager-chad-darcy/

To discuss the Ford Focus Electric, join us at the Ford Focus Electric Forum.

Would it be rude to ask him what Ford was thinking when they priced the Ford Focus Electric higher than every other electric vehicle on the market? :x

I think the pricing question is a good one but since the pure EV market is small ya might want to go easy on that part.

Now that we know what the price of the Ford Focus Electric is, we can ask him why they priced it so high :)

It will also be good to learn more about the Ford Focus Electric - I can't think of any questions right now, but hopefully it's not just mindless drivel about things we already know about the Ford Focus Electric!

It doesn't seem to me that there is any new information available from this chat session about the Ford Focus Electric. I went and reviewed the notes and didn't see anything new and exciting?

Here's some details 'revealed' in the chat:

- Ford Focus Electric range: The daily use range Ford is targeting is between 70 and 100 miles. The actual EPA testing isn't completed.

- Ford Focus Electric Warranty: Ford will be releasing warranty info in a few weeks.

- Ford recently announced a partnership with Toyota to develop future hybrid technologies

- The 19 markets in the Phase 1 launch of the Ford Focus Electric will be able to order them in conjunction with the 2012 model year

- Ford Focus Electric Charging Time: With the recommended Leviton charger, the Ford Focus Electric will charge in 3 to 4 hours, half the time of the Nissan Leaf

- An enclosed building is not required for a charging station

- The launch color of the Ford Focus Electric is Frosted Glass (the color you see it in all the pictures online)

- The Ford Focus Electric has instant torque all the time and drives like a sporty car

- Will the Ford Focus Electric make a driving noise? Currently the Ford Focus Electric will have a quiet driving experience

- Ford has no plan to launch a plug-in hybrid Focus, but is still planning the C-max Energi plug-in hybrid.

Back