Warning bell chimes randomly for no apparent reason

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlct88

Driving last night with about 25 miles left on the battery, the warning bell started to chime with no indication of a problem on any dashboard screen. The chime was 4 or 5 beeps, hesitation, 4 or 5 beeps, etc. Turning the car off then on stopped it only to resume a short time later. Then it stopped on it's own. Put the car in the garage and went in the garage an hour later for something and the warning bells were doing the same thing and stopped on it's own (car off completely). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I already had the car at the dealer for recall and PCM reflash. Latest visit to dealer was about 1 week ago for dead 12 volt battery.

Edit on 12/24: I'll delete this post shortly but wanted to give the "solution" for anybody who read it. There is no problem with the car.

It turns out that the "warning bell" was the ringtone for an iPhone lost by a parking lot attendant and stuck between the drivers seat and the center console. He was calling the phone to try to find it. Using his tracking ap, he came to our house last night, told us the story and we retrieved the phone from the car.

mlct88 said:
It turns out that the "warning bell" was the ringtone for an iPhone lost by a parking lot attendant and stuck between the drivers seat and the center console. He was calling the phone to try to find it. Using his tracking ap, he came to our house last night, told us the story and we retrieved the phone from the car.
Now that is funny! Thanks for the story.

Greenlandzone said:
Thanks. I was searching the same information since many months. Thanks for your hard work.

You heard a chime in your car and realized it was a parking attendant's phone too? That's a coincidence.

Reminds me of the new unknown warning chimes that I kept hearing in my old car. It ended up being my phone letting me know it was my turn in Words With Friends.

Back