Nissan Leaf will be available across the USA, Great Britain

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

Once again, Ford could get squeezed out of the electric vehicle market. They really need to release details on the 2012 Ford Focus Electric and get it to market!

Nissan has announced that the 2012 Nissan Leaf orders are to begin in Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York on October 3rd.

alg_nissan_leaf.jpg

Nissan has now delivered over 7000 of the Nissan leafs to the USA, and intends to add more states by the end of the eyar - including Delaware, Indiana, Louisiana, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.

In the UK, a similar expansion is underway, with now over 32 locations equipped to sell and service the Nissan Leaf.

I wonder how many locations in the USA are ready to service the Ford Focus Electric yet? Nissan is clearly capitalizing on the first movers, and I think the Ford Focus Electric is losing sales because of it.

I agree that Nissan is really moving on the whole electric vehicle market with their Leaf, and Ford really needs to hit their target launch dates with the 2012 Ford Focus Electric. They can't afford to be any later to the game if they want the Ford Focus Electric to be a success!

I live in Colorado and I was going to opt out of the Leaf but after the generic close-lipped statements from Ford I basically said, "Screw you Ford, I'm getting a Leaf"

Though I would like a FFE I'm not will to wait 2-3 months longer. If Ford can get FFEs out here before the end of January (doubtful) I'll be driving a Leaf.

Back