Focus availability

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitgallman

For the first few months of production, we will be concentrating on California and New York.  Our dealers in those areas will be the first to have their retail orders scheduled and receive the Focus Electric.  We will be rolling out to the remainder of our initial markets starting in Spring 2012, including Raleigh/Durham. 

Does that help? 

David Finnegan
Electrified Vehicles Marketing Manager │ Ford Motor Company

Did you email David about the Ford Focus Electric and that was his reply? Or are you David?

I notice that although the email says the Ford Focus Electric will be sent to California and New York in the first few months of production, there is nothing stating any sort of time frame for that. Spring 2012 is when it rolls out to the rest of the initial markets, but the California and New York roll out of the Ford Focus Electric is happening? next month? February 2012?

Apparently they also ignored the initial launch city list they published as well by stating 'first few months' (Chicago was among them) ... really too bad, but if the car simply isn't ready everyone else needs to wait ...

whitgallman said:
For the first few months of production, we will be concentrating on California and New York.  Our dealers in those areas will be the first to have their retail orders scheduled and receive the Focus Electric.  We will be rolling out to the remainder of our initial markets starting in Spring 2012, including Raleigh/Durham. 

Does that help? 

David Finnegan
Electrified Vehicles Marketing Manager , Ford Motor Company

Wow - that is big news. Looks like they are pulling a Nissan by only having minimal sales in '11 and starting real deliveries from Mar '12.

This is too bad. I really wanted to buy my first EV from an American company, but I hedged my bets and ordered a LEAF (hoping to cancel when the Focus release was announced), and now I am glad that I covered both bases.

Hopefully Ford will be able to draft the Volt and LEAF EV success with new adopters becuase I think all the early adopters will have already purchased their EV/EREV's before the Focus makes it to where Nissan & Chevy will have been selling for at least 6mos.

Wow - this thread - despite the lukewarm response here - is making waves, including MSN Autos.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=7f6b7582-b194-4f8d-9ff5-8e5b4a4eda6c&ucsort=2

whitgallman said:

Does that help? 

David Finnegan
Electrified Vehicles Marketing Manager │ Ford Motor Company

Here in NC, where the plug-in conference was a few weeks ago, we are very disappointed with Ford's decision to delay the Focus Electric. I wonder if this decision means that Ford is re-evaluating whether to release the Focus Electric at all. For sure Ford seems to be on tippy tippy toe and very very hesitant about it.

Also, as a number of people pointed out that more people visited during "electric vehicle night" here than did a year ago in CA, it hurts our feels a bit, too, that once again release here trails behind. :D

Ford has apparently responded to these comments (according to the Wall Street Journal).

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2011/08/09/ford-focus-electric-delayed-or-on-schedule/

A spokesman for Ford has said that the release is on schedule, with the initial Ford Focus Electrics being sent to the California and New York markets, with the ramp up to other areas starting in 2012.

"It was never our plan to have 100,000 cars on the market in December," he says, adding that rolling out a new car "isn’t like introducing a new iPad."

I ordered one and paid the deposit almost a month ago.
The dealership told me that it should be 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
At this time the dealership still can't even get a VIN from Ford.
I cant see how they can possibly make the delivery date.

I was on the fence deciding Volt/Focus but now that it looks like there are going to be delays I might have to rethink my decision and go with the Volt.

I cancelled my Electric Focus and ordered a LEAF. The FEF is looking more and more like the automotive version of vaporware. I think that there is probably something seriously wrong with the FEF - probably range much less than the LEAF, that is holding up the roll-out. I need range at least as good as the LEAF and I couldn't wait forever for it, so I ordered a LEAF in Mid-January and just found out this weekend that I should be getting it the week of March 30th. I'm in the New York market area.

Back