Why do i here the warning chime when the car door is open?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

The warning chime is the way the car informs opperator that the forgot to do something. So if you here the warning chime you should check the following.

Is the car in park?
Is the car swiched off?
Is the head light switch in the off, or auto position?

my knee hits the headlight switch all the time. Surprisingly the headlights don't drain the battery as much as you might think if you do leave them on.

The reason for an audible warning may also be displayed visually as a popup message, usually on the left-hand side of the dash.

----

Though, come to think of it, wonder why they don't use SYNC to simply tell you what the problem is... "The headlights are on", "The car is not in park", etc..

jeffand said:
The warning chime is the way the car informs opperator that the forgot to do something. So if you here the warning chime you should check the following.

Is the car in park?
Is the car swiched off?
Is the head light switch in the off, or auto position?

I came home from a week long trip, and couldn't wait to fire up my new Focus Electric. After greeting my wife, I immediately went to the garage and noticed the following...

The car is in reverse?
The car is off alright?
The head light switch is in the On position?
and the 12 volt is dead :eek:

It seems that she was talking to my daughter on the phone, and became to engaged in the conversation, and a dead 12 volt was the result...

As a result, we now always check the 3 above upon every exit. My wife has labeled it, "Park, lights, off". Same as above, just a different sequence.

I simply just leave the head light switch in the auto position. I think if you leave the car in gear it prevents GEM (general electric modual) from going to sleep. Normally GEM goes to sleep after 15 or 20 minutes after thier is no customer interaction with the car. So if you leave the door open, the car will turn off the Dome light after about 15 minutes.

Back