Low Mileage Ford Test Vehicles

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timf

Hi everyone! I've been looking into the Focus Electric for the past couple of weeks and based on everything I've read the 2012 models are the way to go. I found a Ford dealer near me selling a used 2012 Focus Electric with leather and under 250 miles on it for $26,000. They say it was a former Ford test vehicle and the window sticker shows it was sold at auction, so this seems to be consistent. Does anyone have experience with these low mileage test cars? It seems like a good deal for what's essentially a new car (albeit a year old).

I highly doubt it is a Ford company test vehicle: Internal Ford rules say that all test vehicles must be destroyed--too much of a liability.

It is more than likely to be a dealer demo unit.

I would get the VIN number and do some research to see if this car was track history.

I went and test drove the car today. Everything about it felt like a new car to me. The manuals and floor mats were still wrapped in plastic and it drove perfectly. Ultimately it came down to the dealership wasn't able to cut me any special deals on buying out the remainder of my current Edge lease and ultimately I'd rather wait to see what else is on the market next year. I also drove a C-Max while I was there and it just struck me as a nicer car even though it's not fully electric. I think I'll have good options when the time comes and while I would have loved to deal on this car, I could probably do better with a lease on a new one when the time comes.

In my opinion, 2012 model year FFE has two distinctive advantage over 2013: Homelink and rain sensing wiper.
There is almost no other difference between 2012 and 2013.
As long as you can get adequate level of discount on 2012 (since we are in the middle of 2013), I would rather get 2012.
But, it all depends on your circumstances and future plan.

I did not ask. I assumed since it clearly being sold as "used" rather than a "demo" that it would not be eligible for a rebate. It might be worth checking on though since that would change the numbers considerably.

If you want to get the tax credit of 7,500 and buy a brand new Ford Electric for $ 29,495.

This way comes out better for by $ 4,000 what a great deal. I have two in stock

White Plat and Oxford white. My name is Thomas Cinelli and I am the Internet manager

at Hassett Ford. Please e-mail me back at [email protected].

Thank You.

HassettFord said:
If you want to get the tax credit of 7,500 and buy a brand new Ford Electric for $ 29,495.

White Plat and Oxford white. My name is Thomas Cinelli and I am the Internet manager

Thank You.

=your in Long Island. How did you get 2 FFE priced at $29K, all the ones here in the Phoenix area have leather and are much higher. We keep asking for a basic FFE and they never have any.

jstack6 said:
HassettFord said:

Thank You.

=your in Long Island. How did you get 2 FFE priced at $29K, all the ones here in the Phoenix area have leather and are much higher. We keep asking for a basic FFE and they never have any.

Dealers in NJ/NYC area seem to have them and can't sell them - I just bought a new 2012 for $26.5K. I was looking for a lease when I stumbled upon this, I think you just have to call around.

Ford had dropped the price on the focus electric to just below $36000 on the 2014 model.
Their also a $7500 tax credit on the focus electric.
Not everyone can get the full tax credit. A credit can increase your tax refund by upto $7500 dollars.

Back