AT&T sunset and MyFordMobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cr08 said:
There are no further changes you can make to the AsBuilt to improve things. Now it's up to Ford to start populating this stuff in FordPass on their end. Your car is sending the proper information.

I can tell you at least on my C-Max, one of the last remaining features not showing yet is the 'My EV Driving Data' feature under the Journeys tile in FordPass. This is where specifics about the trip and EV usage -should- be but nothing there yet and doesn't seem like it's functional yet for anyone else. Again, this is likely all going to be down to waiting on Ford to update things on their end and nothing that can be done for you as an owner and no further tweaking of the TCU is going to fix it. We've seen a lot of functions in the app come and go over the past month or so with no changes to our TCU's as Ford continues to work on this stuff.

This is what I see in mine currently

https://imgur.com/a/Nyyh2FH

I do wonder if that might work if I were to set 62 instead of 42.

Anti_Climax said:
cr08 said:
There are no further changes you can make to the AsBuilt to improve things. Now it's up to Ford to start populating this stuff in FordPass on their end. Your car is sending the proper information.

I can tell you at least on my C-Max, one of the last remaining features not showing yet is the 'My EV Driving Data' feature under the Journeys tile in FordPass. This is where specifics about the trip and EV usage -should- be but nothing there yet and doesn't seem like it's functional yet for anyone else. Again, this is likely all going to be down to waiting on Ford to update things on their end and nothing that can be done for you as an owner and no further tweaking of the TCU is going to fix it. We've seen a lot of functions in the app come and go over the past month or so with no changes to our TCU's as Ford continues to work on this stuff.

This is what I see in mine currently

https://imgur.com/a/Nyyh2FH

I do wonder if that might work if I were to set 62 instead of 42.

Doesn't hurt to try. You can simply change it back if it doesn't work. That said, I doubt it will do anything. 62 changes it to CGEA 1.3 which is generally reserved for other Ford models like the Fusion or Mustang. 42 sets it for CGEA 1.2 which is what the Focus -should- be.

Going back to the C-Max here (because it shares much of the same electrical architecture as the Focus) and the existing experience some of us have had, some have tried setting that to 62 and it worked -somewhat- but things were hit or miss, namely the remote start/lock/unlock functions. 42 seems to be the only reliable setting and is what the official dealer installed upgrades are set to.

It would be great to see what's set on an official Focus LTE TCU. If locks don't work on the CMAX with that other setting that would be a strong suggestion that my currently working locks would stop as well.

Alright so it's been a good 2 months or so since I got my upgrade, gonna list out a few problems here:

1: When plugged in, "Estimated Finish Time" is stuck to the last time I plugged in a DC fast charger (currently stuck at Wednesday, March 30, 5:11 PM, which is the exact time I plugged into a CCS EA station). "Estimated Finish Time" only updates when I plug into a DC fast charger, and even then it only updates to the time of when I plugged in, not the finish time.

2: "Charge Level Notification" is unable to be set. Gets stuck in a loading loop, and eventually turns itself back off.

3: "Go Times" ("Departure Times" in FordPass) Doesn't seem to work.

4: When plugged in, "Energy" and "Charge type Network" both have "N/A" no matter what, even on public chargers.

Everything else functions correctly for me, however, I still for the life of me can't figure out if Preferred Charge Times functions or not.

KP19 said:
Alright so it's been a good 2 months or so since I got my upgrade, gonna list out a few problems here:

1: When plugged in, "Estimated Finish Time" is stuck to the last time I plugged in a DC fast charger (currently stuck at Wednesday, March 30, 5:11 PM, which is the exact time I plugged into a CCS EA station). "Estimated Finish Time" only updates when I plug into a DC fast charger, and even then it only updates to the time of when I plugged in, not the finish time.

2: "Charge Level Notification" is unable to be set. Gets stuck in a loading loop, and eventually turns itself back off.

3: "Go Times" ("Departure Times" in FordPass) Doesn't seem to work.

4: When plugged in, "Energy" and "Charge type Network" both have "N/A" no matter what, even on public chargers.

Everything else functions correctly for me, however, I still for the life of me can't figure out if Preferred Charge Times functions or not.

Regarding the Preferred Charge Times and Go Times, can you confirm if these are able to be set in Sync? Specifically if you go to the Value Charge profiles screen, does it show anything? Can Go Times be adjusted?

These two features specifically require an updated calibration level on the TCU's. Without it, everything else will work except for these two. It's something that should already be done on the official units installed by your dealer, but it isn't unheard of for this to be missed. I've seen at least one or two reports of people having to go back to the dealer for this.

Likewise, if you have access to ForScan you can get the calibration level that way and be 100% sure.

That said, it was noted in the CSP that the Preferred Charge Time function was going to be missing for Focus BEVs until sometime this summer, but finding out the calibration level (or determining the functionality in Sync) will rule that out as a possible culprit.

2) Charge Level Notification is something that I think is still being dealt with on Ford's end. Myself and some other C-Max owners have the same issue where it won't set.

4) Wild guess but an educated one, this may very well be data that won't ever be available for us, at least the Charge Network field. Mainly because our vehicles (both the Focus BEV and C-Max and Fusion Energi/PHEVs) don't have the ability to communicate with the EVSE and get info about it. Likely this is specific to newer models like the Mach E and F-150 Lightning which can do that. Hard to say what Ford plans to do here, but I can at least confirm this is something missing for others as well.

So yours shows the last DC session and mine shows the last L1 session. I'll have to try another L1 and see what it does...

For go times, the App says they were failing but they were actually updating on the sync console. Curious to see if yours does too.

Since you plugged into DC, I can assume yours was an official upgrade. Are you able to pull the AsBuilt data with ForScan? On the charging status, does it show the energy/miles added or anything like that?

Regarding the Preferred Charge Times and Go Times, can you confirm if these are able to be set in Sync? Specifically if you go to the Value Charge profiles screen, does it show anything? Can Go Times be adjusted?

Everything shows up normally and I am able to edit values and go times and such.

Since you plugged into DC, I can assume yours was an official upgrade. Are you able to pull the AsBuilt data with ForScan? On the charging status, does it show the energy/miles added or anything like that?

Yes, mine was an official upgrade done by a dealer. I already pulled the AsBuilt data a few days ago. For charging status, it shows miles added, and time on the charger. It has a section to show energy, but that displays "N/A" all the time.

Anti_Climax said:
Looking back, it makes sense that they set the 82 value. That's what was set in the old 3G TCU

Yep. This is what we've seen happen in some cases is dealers either missing this or accidentally applying the old 3G TCU AsBuilt when they shouldn't. In fact there was a recent internal note added to this upgrade CSP telling techs NOT to write the old AsBuilt after installing the new TCU.

The ironic part is most dealership techs don't really mess with the AsBuilt stuff past their IDS software having a sort of black box 'grab the AsBuilt from Ford and apply it to the module sight unseen' function so for many of them this is probably a bit of black magic going on. For those of us that have been messing with this stuff from the owner/enthusiast side, it's not nearly that complicated especially if it's already been documented such as what F150chief has done over on the CyanLabs site.

Anti_Climax said:
Got the programming complete this morning. Took a while to actually prompt for activation on each end but it did while I was waiting to get through to a FordPass person. Took a while longer for data to start populating to the app like battery state and it's still not all there (no remote start, lock/unlock, charging doesn't seem to be updating usefully)

They advised it can be 24/48 hours for everything to get into a good state, so now I wait. But so far, LTE on a 2012 with the Sync3 upgrade is a qualified success. No idea if they have extended the availability of the modems in light of the back-order status before, but here's hoping for the sake of others that want to try.

Congrats bud!

Would you please share the part numbers of your kit so I can order in my local dealer? Do you mind posting your last functioning version of your as built parameters, please ? Since my FFE is 2013, I believe both mine and yours would have the same configuration (I also have an upgraded Sync3).

Thanks again.

acopiano said:
Congrats bud!

Would you please share the part numbers of your kit so I can order in my local dealer? Do you mind posting your last functioning version of your as built parameters, please ? Since my FFE is 2013, I believe both mine and yours would have the same configuration (I also have an upgraded Sync3).

Thanks again.

New TCU
;Block 1
754G1G1B742XX
;Block 2
754G2G100A0FE
;Block 3
754G3G17D7D7D7D7DD0
754G3G27D7D7D7D7DD1
754G3G37D7D7D7D7DD2
754G3G47D7D7D7D7DD3
754G3G57D7D7D7D7DD4
754G3G600787D7D7D53
754G3G77D7D7D7D7DD6
754G3G87D7D60
;Block 4
754G5G1000000781EF7
754G5G20277DB

The 2 XXs are checksum bits that are updated by the system when you save your changes.

Photo of the new TCU
https://imgur.com/a/MMlnyva

Pretty sure the CSP is "over" so no guarantee they are still selling them. Here's hoping.

cr08 said:
Anti_Climax said:
This is what they put in. I already changed the A to B at the suggestion of the man that sold me the upgrade.
Code:
;Block 1
754G1G1A78286
;Block 2
754G2G100A0FE
;Block 3
754G3G17D7D7D7D7DD0
754G3G27D7D7D7D7DD1
754G3G37D7D7D7D7DD2
754G3G47D7D7D7D7DD3
754G3G57D7D7D7D7DD4
754G3G600787D7D7D53
754G3G77D7D7D7D7DD6
754G3G87D7D60
;Block 4
754G5G1000000781EF7
754G5G20277DB

You have 754-01-01 set for B782. Try changing to B742. The last two bits cover the vehicle electrical architecture. In this case 82 is setting it for C1MCA which I don't think is compatible with the Focus. We've had users report the same trying that on the C-Max. 42 sets it for CGEA 1.2 which should be compatible. Very likely this alone will solve all your issues as this specifically controls how it communicates with the vehicle. Everything else you posted looks correct.

I wish I had seen this before turning my car over to the dealership again. They're already on day 2, after they kept it for 3 days to complete the modem installation a month ago. The 754-01-01 AsBuilt on mine is 82, which it what Ford had on its configuration site as the most current. I'm really hating Ford right now.

jghall00 said:
cr08 said:
Anti_Climax said:
This is what they put in. I already changed the A to B at the suggestion of the man that sold me the upgrade.
Code:
;Block 1
754G1G1A78286
;Block 2
754G2G100A0FE
;Block 3
754G3G17D7D7D7D7DD0
754G3G27D7D7D7D7DD1
754G3G37D7D7D7D7DD2
754G3G47D7D7D7D7DD3
754G3G57D7D7D7D7DD4
754G3G600787D7D7D53
754G3G77D7D7D7D7DD6
754G3G87D7D60
;Block 4
754G5G1000000781EF7
754G5G20277DB

We've had users report the same trying that on the C-Max. 42 sets it for CGEA 1.2 which should be compatible. Very likely this alone will solve all your issues as this specifically controls how it communicates with the vehicle. Everything else you posted looks correct.

I wish I had seen this before turning my car over to the dealership again. They're already on day 2, after they kept it for 3 days to complete the modem installation a month ago. The 754-01-01 AsBuilt on mine is 82, which it what Ford had on its configuration site as the most current. I'm really hating Ford right now.

Spent around 15 minutes troubleshooting with dealer service. He said several modules received updates, but it still didn't work. I tried changing 82 to 42 for vehicle architecture. That didn't work either. I left it with them so they could call Ford support.

Might this be of help?
https://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/11068-2014-2017-c-max-energi-3g-to-4g-modem-update/?do=findComment&comment=82136
They found that the modems were loaded with buggy software, and supposedly the -UN calibration fixed it.
I think.

Also is this site of any assistance?
https://cdvt.ford.com/

I did a DC fast charge today on a small trip out of town and I've got a few more issues to lay out that I didn't lay out or notice before:

1: FordPass says "Plugged In, Not Charging" when plugged into a DC fast charger (even if it is indeed charging).

2: "Charge Settings" page on the infotainment screen hilariously says that while Fast Charging, the car would only reach 80 percent charge in about 4 days. (Obviously it didn't take that long, but still funny nonetheless)

In my previous issues post, I said that the "Estimated Finish Time" only updates upon plugging into a DC fast charger and doesn't update further. I was sort of correct. This time around, it updated to the time at which I would reach 80 percent and is now stuck at that time for level 2 / 1 charging. (Interesting Note: The Infotainment screen said the same time, but 4 days later.)

I decided to go the DIY route and have got the modem. But will need the antenna.
So does anybody have the part number for the stick-on 4G antenna? I heard that there is a third-party antenna that works, but it gives DTCs. Might need the part number for that extension cable as well. Thanks

I decided to go the DIY route and have got the modem. But will need the antenna.
So does anybody have the part number for the stick-on 4G antenna? I heard that there is a third-party antenna that works, but it gives DTCs. Might need the part number for that extension cable as well. Thanks

This is interesting:
https://connectedcar-sdk.com/dashboard
Supposedly you can force a FordPass activation when FordPass says that activation is not available:

Don't know the security of this site, so it might be good to use it only to get FordPass working, and then change your FordPass password.

Back