Final step to pair to My Ford Mobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seetohcw

Hi everyone, first EV and it's a 2017 FFE. Loving every minute with it.

But I cannot get it pair with My Ford Mobile app.

It says, "follow the final instruction on the screen to complete the process" but the car never display any options.

Any ideas?

Thank you. Glad to be here.

Raymond

There should be config options on both sides, car and app. If the car has been reset or cleared it should have the option to set it up. Not sure the exact screen and mine isn't really stock anymore.

I recall when I first got it there was a screen to let me take ownership on the car side and it made me wait 24 hours from the time I started that. Can't remember it it made me do a factory reset or not.

Have you reset the car side to defaults? After sync is cleared out it would either need to be paired up to an existing account or it should be able to set up with a new one.

Once you have factory reset the car and set it up in MFM it can take up to 24 hrs for the notification to push from the cloud to the car. the TCU is one of the weak links of the FFE and it's possible your's may be misbehaving. you can pull the F1 fuse or simply pull the negative battery cable to "reboot" the TCU.

Hi there, I want to give TCM reset a try.

Do I just pull the F1 fuse and put it back? Or do I start the car?

Thanks everyone.
Ray

just pull the F1 fuse and wait a few seconds before putting it back in. You can also accomplish the same by pulling one of the battery leads off momentarily but that resets everything.

it worked!!!!

Just pulling the F1 fuse, reset the cell phone adaptor... and it's sync up.

Now I have access via the app. Thank you everyone.

Back