PlastiDip

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shniestEV

Contemplated upgrading to a Tesla but since the FFE is paid off and doesn't cost me much of anything other than electricity these days and gets me to and from work it didn't seem right to jump into a payment of a Tesla.

That brought up the issue I have had since i got it day one... Its got no tint, grandpa's chrome and way to many badges. The tint and badges was quick and easy within the first few months of ownership... but finally got around to dipping the grill, logos and window chrome.

Now i'm waiting to replace the rubber before i black out the rims.

Here are some images during and after.... the hardest part was the foot of chrome on the rear triangle window. The rubber was tight to the chrome and as a first time dipper it was hard to separate so i may redo those when i do the wheels. Otherwise the rest of the chrome was perfect and the logos were easy.

In the end I guess it will look like the Pacifica Hybrid Black S in the garage... guess you know what i like. :lol:

For those curious:
Grill/Logos: 6 coats of Anthracite Grey then 2 coats of Silver Metalizer and then 3 coats of Glossifier
Chrome Trim: 6 coats of Black then 3 coats of Glossifier
Wheels: I'll probably do the same as the chrome trim.

fbvAARQ.jpg

QudQrGF.jpg

l7VHYAk.jpg

7UJOle8.jpg

gBxnH5K.jpg

2sjwTzO.jpg

OEFUvEN.jpg

6aWxd8V.jpg

Looks a lot like my car before I sold it. I debadged, tinted the windows, and Plastidipped the "grille". I decided to leave the chrome around the windows, but maybe I should have done that too. Nice looking car!

Back