Checking in for my 2014 FFE to 100k miles

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmxme3

Hi Guys,

I make a promise to myself that once my 2014 FFE reach 100k miles, I'll make a post here and share some of my experience.

I took a photo of the odometer, but was too lazy to upload. :D

With 100k miles, I notice a battery degrade of 6%. just purely from my experience of my car. In winter time, the guess-o-meter shows 55 to 60 miles with outside temp 46 degree, and 70 to 75 miles with outside temp 78 degree in summer time.

Other than recall, I also replaced shocks once, that's all for my repairs, but seems like the shocks are going bad again. Oh well, not brother to replace them since my commute is down from 100 miles per day to 10 miles now(yes, I moved closer to work).

As you may know of, the car will probably worth less than $4k with 100k miles, so my plan is to drive it till its life ends or the cost to repair is greater than $4k. :lol:

I may need to change brake pad soon, haven't changed it for 100k miles because of the use of the re-generative braking system.

Had a good time commute with the car for 6 years, I hope I can drive it for another 5 years to make the purchase of this car really worth it. xD

I'll keep you guys posted how it goes, maybe it will break down within 5 years.

Cheers, and stay healthy!

Back