Hey look what error the Mach-E can throw? LOL

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Check it out a possible error from the Mach-E:
annotation-2020-02-18-194354-jpg.1558

I say possible error as this popped up in a video of the London reveal where the reviewer was sitting in the front talking while the center display ran through a whole bunch of various error codes (looked like a self test to me, I doubt someone would make a "demo" mode showing errors! LOL).

"Stop Safely Now" is to a Focus EV owner as rakes are to Sideshow Bob..... eeerrrrgghh!
tenor.gif

Ugh... nothing i hate more than that error... and Fords lack of service techs who understand and can diagnose it. I actually had a discussion with some of the leads on the MachE project and warned them about this. Releasing a car into battle against something like a model 3/Y and lacking the service support and not setting price points to meet incentives in NA is going to be a tough battle... they brushed me off but at least made an attempt to listen maybe cause i kept emailing the CEO's for both Ford Canada and Ford US.
Service was a huge issue for me.... and there lack of knowledge and ability to diagnose something like a SSN error.

I feel your pain, but remember, Ford does not hire the techs or pay to train them, the dealership does. Whether the tech retains any knowledge from the training, is up to the tech. If the dealership is only willing to pay for Bubba, who graduated from middle school, then the service at Tight-Wad Ford is going to suck.

To my knowledge, Ford can't make a dealership hire a particular person. The dealership does hire someone with EV knowledge because they hope to get the service of those vehicles. Whether that tech is competent around EVs, and the computing systems that go with them, might be up for debate.

For the Mach-E Ford stepped up the EV Certification program and required that any dealer that wishes to sell the Mach-E has to be EV Certified (yeah I know, that didn't work out so well for the FFE! LOL).

Here is a training video Ford sent to dealers back in January:
https://youtu.be/kEA_WZT15wQ

In addition to all that I'm pretty confident that the screenshot I shared at the top of the thread was part of a self-test that was running.

Back