Cold air intake results?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering this is an ELECTRIC Focus forum, what guarrantee is there anyone here who would have real world data?
And cold air intakes are a joke, because the air isn't that much colder to be any denser, to have any more oxygen.
And how would you get the air in the intake any colder than the air the vehicle is driving through?

Does cold air intake really increase engine performance? I feel like it's a joke. I read a review about best cold air intakes for trucks and am wondering whether to install it? Someone give me advice. I need durability on long distances, without too much engine noise

Last edited by a moderator:
jimcardin said:
Does cold air intake really increase engine performance? I feel like it's a joke. I read a review about cold air intake for trucks and am wondering whether to install it? Someone give me advice. I need durability on long distances, without too much engine noise

It depends on how much of a restriction the stock intake is. Generally, there's a restriction at high RPM and the CAI will help there, but it's a nominal increase. Small NA engines just don't see much improvement from bolt ons. But they do sound nice, even if the acceleration doesn't match the volume.

Back