Adding another High Voltage Battery

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegallo80

I own a 2015 Ford Focus Electric. I recently purchased the car on July 12, 2019. After a full charge 100% battery I only get 70 miles until empty. I drive like a "Zen Master" according to my Ford App. I travel 8 miles to my destination & my dashboard indicates 46 miles remaining on my charge. For this reason I'd like to add an additional high voltage battery. Since the trunk is largely consumed with one of the high voltage batteries, I think, why not include another. Has anyone else thought of installing an additional High volt battery? Does anyone know if this is not possible or practical? Rather than installing an additional battery, is there an upgrade or does the newer model's battery fit in the same compartment and can I get greater range from incorporating a newer battery? Sorry for so many questions!

Hello!
Your battery has little residual capacity. A whole 23kW battery gives a power reserve of approximately 75 miles.
You can put a 33.5 kW battery from FFE 2017+. In quiet driving mode it lasts for 110-120 miles.

Thank you! I appreciate the quick response to my initial question. I guess it makes sense that I should explore purchasing a 33.5kW battery as used in the newer 2017+ FFE before trying to add some custom option for another HVB that may require more wiring, circuits, fuses, etc..

On top of getting the battery, you will have to worry about the software too. I think some reprogramming is needed for the car to recognize the larger battery.

Really? I think there's a member here with a 33 kwh battery but the his car still thinks it's the 20 kwh battery. I wonder what the difference is.

Here's the link to the discussion

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4507

33 kwh battery part number is H1FZ10B759J

Back