More Aggressive Battery Regeneration

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgFFE

I think it would be great if the FFE had the ability to adjust the battery regeneration intensity when braking or decelerating. Sometimes my 2016 FFE seems to coast a very long time. I would rather it regenerate more aggressively and slow down faster. Some EV manufacturers have paddles on the steering wheel to actively change the regeneration on the fly and slow the car without the brake.

One of the EV's with paddles you're referring to is the Bolt.

On the Bolt when you put the car into L you're in "One Pedal Mode" where taking your foot completely off the gas will start a max 0.2G deceleration. This will bring the car to a complete stop (you can adjust the amount of decel from 0-0.2G at the "top" of the gas pedal--e.g. the first few degrees of pedal go from -0.2G to 0G to +G accel).

Pressing the paddle gives you 0.4G. No varying amount.

Also note that the FFE is out of production and thus Ford won't be making any more changes to it. They are, supposedly, working on other EVs (there is even a rumored F-150 EV complete with spy shots of a masked up truck with a fake exhaust port) so hopefully Ford has been listening to their EV owners/guinea pigs.

Back