Problem to connect with MyFord Mobile / Ford dealer and service dont know what to do

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I cant connect my FOcus to app :-((
First it was not possible to refresh info about car now after master reset completely no connection. Can create account, app is sending info to car but car not giving me possibility to allow or confirm.
Ford service dont know what to do, i tried all - reset, takeing out 12v battery for a long time etc ...
Nothing help ....
stuck in one position now together with ford service :-((
This is my second focus EV first one was so full of problems that Ford gives me new one from factory and after 2 months its coming crazy again :-(((
Servis i Norway not exists they dont know what to do :-(())

In my experience with my 2014 FFE, Ford will not be able to fix this problem. They will certainly charge you a lot of money "trying" to fix it. The only way to re-establish the connection with MyFord Mobile is to pull the fuse for the Telematics Control Unit (TCU). This is Fuse #1 located in the trunk (refer to your owner's manual). Restart your MyFord Mobile App and you will be able to re-connect, but any data (mileage, kWh used, etc.) will not be logged during the time that the app wasn't working.

Also, if your 12V battery mysteriously dies and Ford can't figure out why, it's the TCU unit. My 12V battery kept dying (Ford charged me over $200 trying to figure out why), but I noticed that the battery usually died when I was having problems with MyFord Mobile. Basically, the TCU never shuts down and drains the 12V battery. I eventually pulled the TCU fuse and left it out. I no longer have MyFord Mobile, but at least my car will start now:)

Yea, now I can answer and explain wher is the problem :)
Ford replaced 3G modem and it was still no conecction ( any answer from car or sync3 when you can ALLOW a connection with a mobile). Foracan shows network name, canal and fragrance but still no answer from car ... One good technician has changed one option in my car - he turned off this that you owner of the car have to confirm in a car at he will connect this car with this mobile phone. And thats all !!!!! My car is unlocked so I have to only write VIN number in my phone and wait some minutes to connect mobile with car - I dont have to click “ALLOW” on a car screen.
Now MyFordApp is working correctly without any problems. Its OK and not dangerous because none cant connect to my car so long I have this car paired with my mobile.
Service guys cant explain why my car dont want to show “ALLOW” option but good that is possible to turn it this stupid thing off and its work :)

My radio stopped playing a few weeks back and I had limited controls in touch screen also losing Bluetooth phone function. I did a Master Reset and nothing changed. I unplugged battery for a while and reconnected and the radio updated and worked fine.
A few days ago the 12v battery went dead at my buddy's house while waiting on him to do body work. I figured I must have let the ignition on although that was highly unlikely. He charged up 12v battery while waiting for me to get car and when I picked it up I wasn't able to refresh MyFord charging information. Drove it a few times and couldn't update MyFord data. I did a google search and a forum for the C=Max Energi said pull the TCU fuse. I was going to post a thread here then saw this one at the top. Glad to see similar information.

So do you think my radio locking up, 12v battery going dead and now the failure to update are all related? Or unrelated?

When you said pull the TCU fuse for how long? Do you restart the MyFord before reinserting the fuse?

Thanks

rjhunter said:
In my experience with my 2014 FFE, Ford will not be able to fix this problem. They will certainly charge you a lot of money "trying" to fix it. The only way to re-establish the connection with MyFord Mobile is to pull the fuse for the Telematics Control Unit (TCU). This is Fuse #1 located in the trunk (refer to your owner's manual). Restart your MyFord Mobile App and you will be able to re-connect, but any data (mileage, kWh used, etc.) will not be logged during the time that the app wasn't working.

Also, if your 12V battery mysteriously dies and Ford can't figure out why, it's the TCU unit. My 12V battery kept dying (Ford charged me over $200 trying to figure out why), but I noticed that the battery usually died when I was having problems with MyFord Mobile. Basically, the TCU never shuts down and drains the 12V battery. I eventually pulled the TCU fuse and left it out. I no longer have MyFord Mobile, but at least my car will start now:)

Sounds like your APIM (touch screen module) is going bad. Ford had such a problem with these failing they extended the warranty to I think it was 5 years. There is a FSA on it i am sure you can find with google. I'd get that replaced if you can under warranty.

If pulling the F1 fuse still doesn't work for your TCU then your TCU may have failed too. Not sure what diagnostics if any the dealer can do.

I ended up disconnecting 12v battery for awhile and reconnecting it. The radio did its updating function when I turned it on and everything worked fine again.

Back