How to have start charging even though set to "Value Charge"

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveMat

Is there a way to have the Ford Focus Electric start charging immediately even though it is set to "Value Charge"? I read the manual and I couldn't find anything.

On our Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, if it is set to start charging at 2AM, if you plug in, unplug, and plug back in, it will start charging right then. You do not need to change any settings.

Nope, doesn't work that way. There's no secret handshake like that. Pretty sure you can hit charge now inside the car when you plug it in. Haven't used value charge for a long time.

Yeah when you turn off the car the right screen on the dash will present a choice: Value Charge or Charge Now. Use the keypad on the right side of the steering wheel and select Charge Now--before you even plug it in.

I used to use that all the time--it was really annoying when I discovered the C-Max didn't have a similar feature (instead it took 3 or 4 taps on the radio screen to perform the same feature). (It is pretty easy to do in the Bolt, however ;) .)

Thanks, confirming what I have been seeing.

The app seems to work pretty good to change it, I just have to remember to put it back.

Back